Installed JLT Coolant tank "spy shot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
This the proto type tank that just got finished so I got to work making a bracket and getting it installed.
Fit great!
LOOKS GREAT! :headbang:

More than DOUBLE the capacity. Stocker had 1 quart and this holds 3, but 2 puts it at a good level in the tank.

I'm getting a clear tank painted Comp Orange this weekend and should have pics this week.

Black Textured will be released in the next 4 weeks or so and color matched with see through window in about 12 weeks.

Thanks
Jay

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Good to see the "see through" window. I will keep my eye on these. Thanks. :)

Just a thought. You could make a version down the line that you could attach or snap on the JLT oil separator so it wouldn't be hanging free putting tension on the lines. :D

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Looks good Jay!

Sponsored

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
:headbang:THAT is the piece the factory should have made for the Mustang.:clap2::clap2:

OP
OP

Jay@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
Good to see the "see through" window. I will keep my eye on these. Thanks. :)

Just a thought. You could make a version down the line that you could attach or snap on the JLT oil separator so it wouldn't be hanging free putting tension on the lines. :D
Thanks and no.
There is no reason to do such a thing as there is no "tension" on the lines from the JLT separator.

This is the same as the 2011 kits we have been selling for years with 0 reported issues out of thousands sold.
I drag and road race my cars and nothing.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thanks and no.
There is no reason to do such a thing as there is no "tension" on the lines from the JLT separator.

This is the same as the 2011 kits we have been selling for years with 0 reported issues out of thousands sold.
I drag and road race my cars and nothing.
No big deal. I have yours on mine and no problems either. Just trying to create more sales for you. You never know, someone else may come up with it. ;)

Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I feel that there is stress placed on the PCV valve from the JLT oil separator. It's pretty loose and wiggly as it is, and I haven't installed my JLT oil separator because of that. I'm still going to use it, but want to come up with someplace to mount it solidly, and then run the lines to it without stress on either end of the hoses.

But I love the looks of the tank! Will the bracket look any better? It would look better if it angled down, so you wouldn't see both sets of bolts on the bracket.

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks great can't wait for a TY

OP
OP

Jay@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
I feel that there is stress placed on the PCV valve from the JLT oil separator. It's pretty loose and wiggly as it is, and I haven't installed my JLT oil separator because of that. I'm still going to use it, but want to come up with someplace to mount it solidly, and then run the lines to it without stress on either end of the hoses.
Let's not derail a thread about a coolant tank please.

I understand being concerned about something, but as the owner of JLT, user of the product and designer I am telling you there is no need to be concerned. That's not a sales comment, it's because we test our product and know them better than anyone else.

But I love the looks of the tank! Will the bracket look any better? It would look better if it angled down, so you wouldn't see both sets of bolts on the bracket.
This is a hand made bracket, but the shape will be close to the same and the supplied bolts will be black.

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
can we see a "spy shot" outside of the engine bay?

(Pre-installation as it were)

Thanks

Jim

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is a hand made bracket, but the shape will be close to the same and the supplied bolts will be black.
Cool! That will definitely look much better. Will they be available in all 2015 colors?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.