Sponsored

IN STOCK!!! New Sync3 theme navigation from Moddiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hope the next batch will be out next week!?!?
Sponsored

Joe12289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josset
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6Spd
@Moddiction

Here is what I mean about The Siri Hands free. ITs an issue I have been having and a couple other 2016 Mustang owner have as well with your new product. We are actually losing some functionality with this radio.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Y-M5rf_mIVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is my experience with the New screen upgrade. The screen is works great. it is smooth when going from one screen to the next. Nice Flow. But I have noticed a couple of things. First thing I noticed once installed was, I was no longer able to use siri voice command. (I have a 2016 Mustang GT BASE) Before you were able to hold the talk button and use siri like you normal would. Send TXT msg, Switch playlist, Open up music apps, Get direction and/or make phone calls. That I think was an amazing feature and it No longer works. You can't long press the talk button. Instead you just get the Ford Voice Rec. anyway. I really really hope they can fix that. That's my main issue. The other ones I can live with. The time thing. Yup mine does it to. Central time set. Manual adjust the time to the correct time. The next time you start it up its one hour behind. I don't know if it is something to do with Day lights saving or what. Easy fix I hope. Next is something small but ill point out. The USB plays video which is awesome. But so far It only plays MP4. In all fairness I've only tried two more type which was an .AVI file. It played but no sound and .MKV file which doesn't show up in the folder at all. The last thing I Noticed was the screen mirroring. I'm glad to say it works. lol At first I plugged it in and I wouldn't work right. Like that old Tv on analog that had bad reception. It full of static. But I played with the cable and looks like I didn't have it all the way plugged in. So after that it work beautifully.

In closing hopefully the Siri Hands free can be fix or addressed with a software update and if not I would definitely suggest letting 16+ Mustang owner know that they will lose that functionality.

Over all I still love it and would buy it again if I could do it over.

Last edited:

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
[MENTION=19869]thet33[/MENTION] I think you solved the voices in my head, or at least the ones in the Nav unit. :thumbsup:

The GPS voice volume was set at '1', I turned it up so I could hear what she was saying, turns out the default is for her to alert me that I'm speeding when I am at 100% of the speed limit; so, in a 35 MPH zone, when I hit 35, she tells me I'm speeding. :crazy:

You mentioned you shut all that stuff off, you can still hear verbal directions when nav is on, right?
Glad to hear it!

I actually prefer no voice so I turned it off in Nav also.

Pony4us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Think I'll hold off buying any of the current units that are available until Siri works on one of them. I use Siri while driving to text, make calls and play music. Some ones gonna get in a accident or get a ticket while they fumble with their phone while driving trying to text or make a call or search for a favorite song/group/artist on their phone. Be safe.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think I'll hold off buying any of the current units that are available until Siri works on one of them. I use Siri while driving to text, make calls and play music. Some ones gonna get in a accident or get a ticket while they fumble with their phone while driving trying to text or make a call or search for a favorite song/group/artist on their phone. Be safe.
Understandable. But the Ford voice recognition did work for me making calls today with no problem. Haven't figured out how to get music commands to work though. Maybe it's just not a function it has. Haven't tried text yet.

Sponsored

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
So another thing of note since I have been using this unit for the better part of a week now.... The screen has developed light bleed... When I first installed the unit I was impressed at the fact that it didn't have any light bleed but it seems over time while being exposed to the typical summer day in Maryland the screen has warped enough to cause light bleed on all 4 edges of the display. It is not damaging to the functionality of the unit in any way but it is just something to keep in mind.
(Quoted Zack from the Raxiom unit thread)

Remember when everyone got angry with me?

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
(Quoted Zack from the Raxiom unit thread)

Remember when everyone got angry with me?
Yeah, but know what's worse? Both these guys said they taped off the lights like you did. :eyebulge:
Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 9.43.47 AM.jpg

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just took apart the dash, unscrewed the unit, ran the aux usb cable to the glove box, attached it to the back of the unit, put it all back together only to find out the cars power button was being impeding by something, took it all back apart and put it back together again, took an hour total.

I did not mess with the sd card but I am happy to say that my music along with it's proper artwork now works perfectly, very slick indeed.
IMG_8283.JPG

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Just took apart the dash, unscrewed the unit, ran the aux usb cable to the glove box, attached it to the back of the unit, put it all back together only to find out the cars power button was being impeding by something, took it all back apart and put it back together again, took an hour total.

I did not mess with the sd card but I am happy to say that my music along with it's proper artwork now works perfectly, very slick indeed.
Glad to hear you got your USB dongle straightened out!

favio20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost

How did you get to show the artwork on your music? my music has artwork on itunes and on my iphone but it doesnt show on the unit.

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
How did you get to show the artwork on your music? my music has artwork on itunes and on my iphone but it doesnt show on the unit.
Album art only displays if your mp3s are on a USB drive, plugged into the USB dongle that runs from the back of the unit to your glove box. You would then choose 'Audio' from the buttons on the bottom of the screen, rather than 'Sync'.

favio20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Album art only displays if your mp3s are on a USB drive, plugged into the USB dongle that runs from the back of the unit to your glove box. You would then choose 'Audio' from the buttons on the bottom of the screen, rather than 'Sync'.

Yeah, i have a USB with my music plugged into the USB port on the glovebox. My music shows artwork on itunes but not on the unit.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive

So to get the artwork to show up you are using a flash drive on the extra USB cable? Thats pretty sweet and I wish I had that with my Tomtop tbh.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, i have a USB with my music plugged into the USB port on the glovebox. My music shows artwork on itunes but not on the unit.
I tried it and some of my files (from iTunes) had the artwork while others did not. I'll screw around with it at some point, try to figure out why.

TBH, what's more important to me is trying to get playlists to work through that USB dongle. The ones I created (using a windows based program to create .m3u files that Sync would recognize) work fine through Sync but don't even appear when I put the same drive on that USB dongle.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So to get the artwork to show up you are using a flash drive on the extra USB cable? Thats pretty sweet and I wish I had that with my Tomtop tbh.
Yup and you can scan/seek through songs using that input. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.