Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Whilst importing a LHD S550 into the UK wouldn't scare me, I would think very, very carefully.

:)
TT you told me about the California Special which you want, it was you who put me on that road :D

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
I I do find it interesting that all the people who were happy to import the older Mustang's now will not do it, because of the warranty issue.

GG - no it is not due to warranty..... left hookers are worth a lot less if there is a right hand driver one available. I know there is hard core of moaners who believe a mustang should be left hand drive... but they are also probably tight and wont pay premium for a left hooker.:frusty:

My decision is purely based on economics and practicality! only to be overcome by looking at GT350s :headbonk:

Look (Go Into The Future)
Its 2018
you go to a car dealers for a 2nd hand drive Mustang, you love a bit of tech, you see a Very Rare California Special LHD or a common as muck GT RHD, same money, which do you buy?
:headbonk:
it all depends on the buyer, I was told the chrome wheels on my ex S197 were yuck, would never sell. even bought another set of stock with rubber, the person who bought the car loved the wheels. you can't predict the future

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
You spoken to any UK dealers about that?

Also, the thing about the car being exactly the same bar the speedo, I wouldn't be so sure.
spoken to UK dealers about what?
Yea have to admit it, an a bit upset, should have been told their is a Big Difference between the US and Canadian spec
its shocking really
in-fact it's to upsetting to talk about it on here,

Sponsored

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Its 2018
you go to a car dealers for a 2nd hand drive Mustang, you love a bit of tech, you see a Very Rare California Special LHD or a common as muck GT RHD, same money, which do you buy?
:headbonk:
it all depends on the buyer, I was told the chrome wheels on my ex S197 were yuck, would never sell. even bought another set of stock with rubber, the person who bought the car loved the wheels. you can't predict the future
Gg its your money you take your pick.... But I think the scenario you paint above is highly unlikely. Left hook is left hook and if a genuine Rhd is available the leftie will follow the prices down unless it is a gt350 and then I would make an exception... You have made your choice and fair play to you

It don't see bill sheep importing boatloads anymore except ludicrously overpriced gt350s

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Based on the numbers ÂŁÂŁÂŁ and the hassle, it doesn't seem to make much sense to me.....

"All the fancy tech" what is that exactly??
..:)
1. Memory Seats
2. BLIS
3. Remote Start
4. ACC
5. Cross Traffic Alert
6. Collision Warning System
7. California Special Package
8. Front Hood Indicators
9. Sync 3

Look If i had never driven a Leftie, I would have jumped at the RHD, until i saw the Black Shadow in the showroom in Dagenham I was not interested in the S550, but than fell in love with the car. But for me who loves tech works with tech, once I saw the US car, I wanted all that tech. but I would not have paid much more then i have. As for my dealer, Richard has many years of experience up there with Bill Shepard for importing cars into the UK. Yes a lot of people prefer to go UK and with the amount of faults I am hearing about it does make you think, but i have got what i wanted, something a bit Special

Last edited:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Its 2018
Is this even a question? :lol: The RHD obviously. If that were not the answer, who do you think is buying all these brand new RHD cars? I'll give you a clue; it's not people that are happy driving a left-hooker. The market for a LHD, even if it is better equipped/cheaper than it's RHD equivalent is always going to be smaller. A lot smaller.

As for your 3 year warranty, I meant have you checked to make sure a UK dealer will carry out warranty work on an import, as it's always been my understanding that they wouldn't touch them? ISTBC but even if that isn't the case, do you really want a dealer working on your car that they've got NO experience of when some RHD owners are struggling to get a satisfactory experience from their dealer?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
1. Memory Seats
2. BLIS
3. Remote Start
4. ACC
5. Cross Traffic Alert
6. Collision Warning System
7. California Special Package
8. Front Hood Indicators
9. Sync 3

Look If i had never driven a Leftie, I would have jumped at the RHD, until i saw the Black Shadow in the showroom in Dagenham I was not interested in the S550, but than fell in love with the car. But for me who loves tech works with tech, once I saw the US car, I wanted all that tech. but I would not have paid much more then i have. As for my dealer, Richard has many years of experience up there with Bill Shepard for importing cars into the UK. Yes a lot of people prefer to go UK and with the amount of faults I am hearing about it does make you think, but i have got what i wanted, something a bit Special
Yep.... We should always go for what floats our boat:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just for fun:headbonk:

Out of those

1.Memory Seats....... Yep would like these:)
2. BLIS....... No clue what that is.......I owned a TVR:D
3. Remote Start......I might be useless but I can press a button:lol:
4. ACC...........see number 2:D
5. Cross Traffic Alert....... I have eyes:thumbsup:
6. Collision Warning System.......that's the wifes job:lol:
7. California Special Package.... Very nice:hail:
8. Front Hood Indicators..... Yep they'd be cool:cool:
9. Sync 3.......haven't even figured out sync 2 yet:lol:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Is this even a question? :lol: The RHD obviously. If that were not the answer, who do you think is buying all these brand new RHD cars? I'll give you a clue; it's not people that are happy driving a left-hooker. The market for a LHD, even if it is better equipped/cheaper than it's RHD equivalent is always going to be smaller. A lot smaller.

As for your 3 year warranty, I meant have you checked to make sure a UK dealer will carry out warranty work on an import, as it's always been my understanding that they wouldn't touch them? ISTBC but even if that isn't the case, do you really want a dealer working on your car that they've got NO experience of when some RHD owners are struggling to get a satisfactory experience from their dealer?
You really have got a bee in your bonnet over the LHD V RHD issue
Remember if it was not for all the LHD car clubs all over the world, the 1000s of Mustangs in the UK in OZ in Germany etc, Ford would not have made the S550 world wide
Why on Earth would a UK dealer do warranty work on a car that is not bought in the UK?
No Experience really?
I hope Bill Shepard or Richard Boatwright read this, by the way have you ever heard of them?
here is a clue:
http://www.billshepherdmustang.com/
http://www.boatwright.co.uk/

The reason why UK owners are getting such a bad service, is because to them the Mustang is just another Ford. But it's funny Mark at Trustford in Dagenham was brilliant, he was ever going to store the car for me until i sold my S197 and now can't wait for me to show him the C/S lovely friendly person
The UK car from factory takes 9 months at least, I ordered this car from Richard 3 months ago factory built

Sponsored

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
no one is going to win this one - it is a matter of choice

I don't think the moaners have contributed to the s550 being imported with the best will in the world. the mustang is a big brand and thats has driven the car clubs. Gooner happy you are happy, if you think you have less depreciation good luck as well.

cati out...

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
no one is going to win this one - it is a matter of choice

I don't think the moaners have contributed to the s550 being imported with the best will in the world. the mustang is a big brand and thats has driven the car clubs. Gooner happy you are happy, if you think you have less depreciation good luck as well.

cati out...
less depreciation
no course not
just look at the price of the 2nd hand RHD that are starting to be on the dealers websites, my car is going to drop a bomb in the 1st year and afterwards.
Yes the market for the RHD is much bigger than the LHD, was having a chat with Bill about this very subject.
But it also comes down to if you are buying the car with a view to selling it. I hope I can keep this car for many years, but who knows I said I would never sell my S197 and I did.
The reason i went for the California Special cause it looks different, and it looks like it might be the only one in the UK. The imports are slowing down cause of the RHD, how it affects mine who knows. This is the 1st car I have ever bought brand new so wanted in my opinion the best i can get for the money. If I had not seem the California Special would have kept mine and maybe bought a 2nd hand one in a few years time.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You really have got a bee in your bonnet over the LHD V RHD issue
Remember if it was not for all the LHD car clubs all over the world, the 1000s of Mustangs in the UK in OZ in Germany etc, Ford would not have made the S550 world wide
Why on Earth would a UK dealer do warranty work on a car that is not bought in the UK?
No Experience really?
I hope Bill Shepard or Richard Boatwright read this, by the way have you ever heard of them?
here is a clue:
http://www.billshepherdmustang.com/
http://www.boatwright.co.uk/

The reason why UK owners are getting such a bad service, is because to them the Mustang is just another Ford. But it's funny Mark at Trustford in Dagenham was brilliant, he was ever going to store the car for me until i sold my S197 and now can't wait for me to show him the C/S lovely friendly person
The UK car from factory takes 9 months at least, I ordered this car from Richard 3 months ago factory built
I have a bee in my bonnet in as much as it gets boring to watch somebody post the same bias crap about their own preferences as gospel.

You bought LHD. Good for you. I'm glad you're happy with it. Is your car better equipped than our RHD versions? Yes. The only thing I would like on my car that's on yours are the memory seats, but would ANY RHD buyers take yours over theirs? No, otherwise they would've done so already, so to say your left-hooker will be the more popular choice when it comes time to sell is ludicrous.

Are Bill Shepherd and the other guy official Ford dealers capable of carrying out, AND AUTHORISED, to carry out official Ford warranty work, because if not then your 3 year warranty isn't really worth much is it?

What does the delivery time have to do with anything? I couldn't care less if a LHD is available in 3 months vs 9 months for a RHD; if the LHD is not an option for me then it's completely irrelevant.

Now, instead of trying to persuade someone to make what could be a potentially expensive mistake, maybe you should get back to writing that completely non-biased article about why LHD is better than RHD you were trying to push on PH.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
I have a bee in my bonnet in as much as it gets boring to watch somebody post the same bias crap about their own preferences as gospel.

You bought LHD. Good for you. I'm glad you're happy with it. Is your car better equipped than our RHD versions? Yes. The only thing I would like on my car that's on yours are the memory seats, but would ANY RHD buyers take yours over theirs? No, otherwise they would've done so already, so to say your left-hooker will be the more popular choice when it comes time to sell is ludicrous.

Are Bill Shepherd and the other guy official Ford dealers capable of carrying out, AND AUTHORISED, to carry out official Ford warranty work, because if not then your 3 year warranty isn't really worth much is it?

What does the delivery time have to do with anything? I couldn't care less if a LHD is available in 3 months vs 9 months for a RHD; if the LHD is not an option for me then it's completely irrelevant.

Now, instead of trying to persuade someone to make what could be a potentially expensive mistake, maybe you should get back to writing that completely non-biased article about why LHD is better than RHD you were trying to push on PH.
And you need to get your facts right sweetheart
Did i start this thread? NO
My name was mentioned for advice, which I gave
you then got your panties in a bunch,
So what bias crap have i posted? I was asked a question which i answered
As for selling for the 100th time "it depends on the buyer" if they were used to LHD cars then why would they not go for a LHD car? Of course you being Mr knowall can tell the future.
I would trust Bill Shepard, AVS, Customs Exotics and Modurstang over any Official Ford work, I have seem some of these threads.
You slag off respected people in the Mustang world for the past 30 odd years without having a clue who they are.
you are the one who is Bias, not me, you clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about, as has been shown in your other answers
anyway, the floor is yours, have the last word, am I am sure you want it
go for it

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Not wishing to get too involved in the above spat, but I do think its interesting to point out the current 'import vs official' car situation in Europe.

In Germany there are quite a lot of direct US spec imports, sold outside the official Ford network. Obviously here the LHD thing isnt an issue.... From my own own market watching/observations... the unofficial imports seem to retail at about 10% less than an official EU car, and are often backed with an aftermarket (non Ford) warranty. They are also available immediately at the right dealers... there are some stock EU cars around, but not many.

Import cars are not selling very well....! There are lots and lots and lots still listed for sale now that were being offered when I ordered my car back in January. The vast majority of the buying public want the official car, from the official dealer, with the official warranty etc. That doesnt make them a better or worse choice - it simply demonstrates that the overwhelming majority want to feel secure in their purchase, and dont care particularly about saving €4-5k to do so.
Sponsored