Illinois-Chicago

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I plan to go to the CMC meetup to take the kids.
I’m going to try to go as well. My kids start school coming out of that weekend so one last summer thing to do before they start school
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Couple of local events coming up
Thanks for posting! I'm going to try and make the CMC event. I'm a member from way back in the day when it was just a forum. Not a facebook guy, so have not kept up with it. Hope to make it!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hope to see and meet some of you at the CMC event on Saturday at Mission BBQ in Downers Grove. Weather looks to be really nice!

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hope to see and meet some of you at the CMC event on Saturday at Mission BBQ in Downers Grove. Weather looks to be really nice!
Gonna have to miss this one, hitting up the St. Judes event at Blackdog in Lincolnshire Saturday morning. Mom's birthday present, haha!

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gonna have to miss this one, hitting up the St. Judes event at Blackdog in Lincolnshire Saturday morning. Mom's birthday present, haha!
Sounds like a cool event, have fun!

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Really planned to go to the CMC event but I have to work all night into Saturday morning, so I am gonna be wat too tired to make it. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here’s the next CMC event. Hoping to make this one as well but need to check my calendar.

IMG_2047.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey Chicago area friends. Was anyone on here with a Velocity Blue GT with a rear windshield louver, Steeda rear spoiler, red coyote badge on the tail panel and what appears to be the Mach 1 exhaust kit at Geneva Commons around noonish today (DICK’S specifically)? Didn’t catch the plate but just wanted to say your car looks and sounds wonderful!

Sponsored

Drock73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 A10 convertible
Sorry I know this is a Chicago/Illinois page but thought it didn’t hurt to post. I am in Wisconsin and have a couple things for sale if anyone is interested.

* Steeda Mustang 5.0L H-Pipe (2018-2024) with heavy duty clamps $180
* Basically new (installed 9/20) 4 - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/35zr19 275/35/19 - $1300

Let me know if interested or have questions

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hoping to get out for a few events this upcoming season (kids’ sports schedule permitting). MVP posted their schedule…

IMG_2443.png

Ahung12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I'll be picking up at 2017 GT350R this Tuesday. I believe it's got PS4S's all around, but the tread left is not great and I'm shopping for replacements going on the OEM rims.

Question for those of you with R's that swapped tires successfully in the Chicagoland area:
  1. Where did you go to get the work done? I'm in the north shore but I'll travel just about anywhere at this point to find a place willing and able to do the work. Going off Hunter's equipment finder list and filtering by those who have Revolution machines, I've tried:
    1. Firestone in Deerfield: was told three times to find another shop, because they cannot accept the risk of damaging the wheel.
    2. Knauz: They will only work on their own brands
    3. Belle Tire Vernon Hills: Refuses to handle. Techs say their machine can't handle it, despite it being a Revolution.
    4. Berry Tire in Libertyville: Rob can't confirm one way or another if they can do it, but advises I bring the car by.
    5. Discount Tire: I've called about 8 in the area, and focused on the one in Hanover Park that seems to be the only one with a Revolution machine. But they can't confirm 100% they can handle it.
  2. During the install, did you notice the shop doing anything specific to prep the machine or the wheel itself prior to install? I know some places will warm up the tires a bit to let the carcass and bead stretch more easily.
TIA.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'll be picking up at 2017 GT350R this Tuesday. I believe it's got PS4S's all around, but the tread left is not great and I'm shopping for replacements going on the OEM rims.

Question for those of you with R's that swapped tires successfully in the Chicagoland area:
  1. Where did you go to get the work done? I'm in the north shore but I'll travel just about anywhere at this point to find a place willing and able to do the work. Going off Hunter's equipment finder list and filtering by those who have Revolution machines, I've tried:
    1. Firestone in Deerfield: was told three times to find another shop, because they cannot accept the risk of damaging the wheel.
    2. Knauz: They will only work on their own brands
    3. Belle Tire Vernon Hills: Refuses to handle. Techs say their machine can't handle it, despite it being a Revolution.
    4. Berry Tire in Libertyville: Rob can't confirm one way or another if they can do it, but advises I bring the car by.
    5. Discount Tire: I've called about 8 in the area, and focused on the one in Hanover Park that seems to be the only one with a Revolution machine. But they can't confirm 100% they can handle it.
  2. During the install, did you notice the shop doing anything specific to prep the machine or the wheel itself prior to install? I know some places will warm up the tires a bit to let the carcass and bead stretch more easily.
TIA.
Talk to Crown Customs, they deal with a lot of high end cars/wheels. They’re in the north burbs I believe and working on a Chicago location last I heard.

It’s a haul from the North Shore, but Geared Up Motorsports in New Lenox can do it too.

IMG_2606.png

Ahung12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Sweet, Crown is about 15 minutes away from me. Thanks Mark!
Sponsored