Sponsored

If it wasn't for the S550, what would you be looking at?

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
I'm still torn on what I would get if not the S550. I'm leaning hot hatch like the Focus or Fiesta ST. I was thinking WRX, but I've had a hard time finding a dealer with a reasonable price.
Sponsored

Esfoad

Threads
Reaction score
Well the only other car I'm thinking of is a 4 door, rear drive V8 with a 6M tranny, the 2015 Chevy SS. I wil drive both the S550 and the SS and then decide. I've always had a 4 door for my DD and I'm worried about the space in the S550 for family and business. But the reviews on the Mustang are SO good I still have to try one.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
What does everybody recommend I should look at with a maximum budget of 49k before taxes? I've looked at the s3, wrx sti, wrx, golf r(though it's not coming till next year), m235i, and scion frs. If I can't get the LE I wanted then, I'm just passing on the s550.

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
If not a 2015 Mustang it would be a 2014 left over for a great deal.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
What does everybody recommend I should look at with a maximum budget of 49k before taxes? I've looked at the s3, wrx sti, wrx, golf r(though it's not coming till next year), m235i, and scion frs. If I can't get the LE I wanted then, I'm just passing on the s550.
An s5 or an 2014 Audi TTS, 2016 Audi TTS comes out spring next year 3rd gen is what I was actually looking for

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
I was seriously considering a Honda Accord.

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
odd question. i have been waiting for the next generation, so if the 15 was still the 197, i would have stuck with my '05.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Now having seen the Caddy ATS Coupe, I'd add that to the A5 and 2-Series on my original list. I'd have to see if I could live with the turbo-4 as the V6 is well out of budget, but it sure looks like a sweet ride. Even if it's from Government/UAW/Recalls-R-Us Motors.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
Dude, not to be an ass, but get over it. YOU screwed yourself urself out the of an LE! :headbonk:

Sponsored

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Dude, not to be an ass, but get over it. YOU screwed yourself urself out the of an LE! :headbonk:
You are being an ass. This topic is about what other cars are people looking at, so stay on topic. And I did not screw myself out of an LE, its the god forsaken dealer that screwed me out of it. And if you would have payed attention, look at the post date. 9/28.... This is what? 10/21?

You have no idea what transpired, so don't be so quick to judge.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
You are being an ass. This topic is about what other cars are people looking at, so stay on topic. And I did not screw myself out of an LE, its the god forsaken dealer that screwed me out of it.

^^^:dnftt:^^^ calling 'em like everyone else wants to.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You are being an ass. This topic is about what other cars are people looking at, so stay on topic. And I did not screw myself out of an LE, its the god forsaken dealer that screwed me out of it. And if you would have payed attention, look at the post date. 9/28.... This is what? 10/21?

To give you a real answer to that last question and keep this thread on track: if you're willing to spend just south of $50k, an M235i with an LSD (can be specced with one now for almost 3k I think) and a tune would be a monster of a car. I had an absolute blast test driving one.

And I know there's no comparison to be made here, but I test drove an EB premium with a 6AT (and without the crucial PP) and there is literally zero contest between the two cars. The steering, the brakes, the suspension, the engine, and especially the transmission were all in different leagues on the Bimmer. Of course, that price tag difference.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
To give you a real answer to that last question and keep this thread on track: if you're willing to spend just south of $50k, an M235i with an LSD (can be specced with one now for almost 3k I think) and a tune would be a monster of a car. I had an absolute blast test driving one.

And I know there's no comparison to be made here, but I test drove an EB premium with a 6AT (and without the crucial PP) and there is literally zero contest between the two cars. The steering, the brakes, the suspension, the engine, and especially the transmission were all in different leagues on the Bimmer. Of course, that price tag difference.
Yeah, I agree. I was looking at the m235i but I'm just not 100% sold on it lol. Imho, its kinda expensive for a non M car and I would need to buy that LSD that they sell.
Sponsored