HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm kind of an idiot. After talking via email with Whipple technical support and them mentioning the top hole on the body of the supercharger, I was looking at this thread last night on my 28 inch work monitor and noticed in the pictures I posted above there is a hole almost perfectly lined up with the fuel rail mounting hole. When I was looking down from above on the work bench, I didn't see that there were actually 2 holes, so I went out there today and got them put back together with the spacers and mounted both fuel rails. Chalk one up for the big dummy....🤪
Sponsored

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I mean, I post pictures and you guys are smarter than me. You're SUPPOSED to see these things and tell me. What the heck am I posting on here for???? :crackup:

Brian-17S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Found your
I'm kind of an idiot. After talking via email with Whipple technical support and them mentioning the top hole on the body of the supercharger, I was looking at this thread last night on my 28 inch work monitor and noticed in the pictures I posted above there is a hole almost perfectly lined up with the fuel rail mounting hole. When I was looking down from above on the work bench, I didn't see that there were actually 2 holes, so I went out there today and got them put back together with the spacers and mounted both fuel rails. Chalk one up for the big dummy....🤪
I posted in your other thread for this same question, but I just found this one.
I did notice that there was two holes in the side of the whipple. But it does look like when you pull it up to the second hole that the injectors feel a little loose. You used the smaller gasket on the spacer of the 1050’s and bolted it to the top hole and they’ve had no issues? Did you keep the silver washer in the Whipple supplied?

Sponsored

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I did not use the washer and I used the smaller O-rings. They have a little up and down play which Whipple and Injector Dynamics both said was normal. When pressure is applied, they seal with no issues.

Brian-17S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I did not use the washer and I used the smaller O-rings. They have a little up and down play which Whipple and Injector Dynamics both said was normal. When pressure is applied, they seal with no issues.
Awesome thank you so much! I appreciate you verifying for me. Sounds like I might have to uninstall the driver side and remove the washer though. I have not done the passenger side yet.

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm happy to help.
Sponsored