I need help

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
I know this isn't 350 related but if mods could leave it here just in case something comes of it I would appreciate it.

I need help. My kidneys failed last June and I have been on dialysis since. It is taking a toll on my body. My fiance was going to be my donor and passed all tests with flying colors and then was presented to the board yesterday where she was denied because of a history of depression and anxiety. This shocked us because the Dr's knew about this for the past 4 months. We need to move on now and try to find someone else

There are people out there who have tremendous hearts and I cannot ask someone to do this for me but I can plant a seed in case anyone is interested in donating to me. There is tons of information online about how simple the process is, surgery is done laproscopic and you are out of the hospital in 2 days..

The workup to become a donor starts with a simple questioner, then moves to blood work and urine tests to make sure you have healthy kidney function. After that there is a 2 day testing session where you meet with surgeons and social workers at TAMPA GENERAL. These tests are non invasive, including x-rays, cat scans and ekg.

My blood type is O and it does not matter if it is positive or negative. That is the ONLY requirement to be able to donate. My insurance covers every single aspect of your donor workup before during and after the procedure.

I am 35 years old and I have the rest of my life to hopefully look forward to. I can't put into words what this would mean to me, if you can find it in your heart to help me out, please send me a pm or txt me and I will get you moving in the right direction. You could end up saving my life. Thank you for reading and considering.

Bob
440-552-2810
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I wish you all the luck in the world Bob.

OP
OP

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
Thank you guys.. I know it's a lot to ask, but it's just going to take 1 person, so if any of you have fb or any other social media and can repost this for me I would appreciate it. I am an absolute mess right now and don't know what to do

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Bob,

You are in my prayers. While I can't imagine what you are facing, I know that there are so many people who care and that should offer you comfort. As you said, it only takes one person to make a difference, and I'm sure that you've been that person for others throughout your life.

Please make sure that you keep in touch with any support you have - whether your fiance, family, friends, doctors, or forums like this - and stay focused on the positive and possible.

All my best.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I would appeal to the board, I would consider another transplant center as well.
Keep up visibility thru media, there was a story recently of someone wearing a tee shirt at EPCOT looking for a donor and the story said it worked.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
God bless you, Bob. Keep the faith and keep up the outreach. It will come together for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
We're going to see if there is an appeals process tomorrow as well as look into the Cleveland clinic in weston to transfer to and have my fiance take her tests there.... It was literally seconds away from being positive, we have no idea why they waited until this final meeting to bring this up. She even had a third party letter from a psychiatrist stating she is stable and treated with meds and is clear to proceed. Thank you for the support, anyone who is willing please txt me the process is very simple and I promise you will feel amazing for helping me and my family out.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Prayers man..... I'd find someone else to do it. I don't see the issue unless psycotropical drugs have been introduced into the donor kidney. Did they give any indication how long the wait is for another donor kidney?

OP
OP

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
Prayers man..... I'd find someone else to do it. I don't see the issue unless psycotropical drugs have been introduced into the donor kidney. Did they give any indication how long the wait is for another donor kidney?
well i hope to have other people lined up ready to go and get tested. the problem is that we are now starting at step 1 again after 4 months of my fiance testing and passing everything. now if i were to wait for a deceaced kidney, the wait could be 4 years and usually the live kidney works on average 25-30 years while a deceased last 15-20 years so there are big advantages of a living donor. the more that sign up the better the chances of finding just ONE person that is healthy and willing to donate.

The tests are very simple, i can tell you my first 2 donors did a blood and urine test first. after those are clear, they go to tampa and complete an ekg, a chest xray, an abdominal scan and ct scan. at that point they meet with the surgion, a social worker, and their coordinator that will inform them of things that will happen before during and after the procedure. if all checks out, they will be presented to the "board" to be approved in which surgery can be set up for 2 weeks out at the donors convienence. it is all fairly simple to be honest, as long as the person is "healthy" they shouldnt have a problem passing.

My fiance passed everything so easily and after leaving tampa for the testing was told that she needs to get clearance from an independent phsyc and gyno, both of which she did. when she was in the final step and being presented is when they denied her based on her depression in the past. their reason being they are trying to keep the donors best interests in mind.... however, she is my fiance we are going to be married and chances of her becoming overwhelmed with joy with our good health are more likely than anything else. we will try to see if there is an appeal process tomorrow.

Norton961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
well i hope to have other people lined up ready to go and get tested. the problem is that we are now starting at step 1 again after 4 months of my fiance testing and passing everything. now if i were to wait for a deceaced kidney, the wait could be 4 years and usually the live kidney works on average 25-30 years while a deceased last 15-20 years so there are big advantages of a living donor. the more that sign up the better the chances of finding just ONE person that is healthy and willing to donate.

The tests are very simple, i can tell you my first 2 donors did a blood and urine test first. after those are clear, they go to tampa and complete an ekg, a chest xray, an abdominal scan and ct scan. at that point they meet with the surgion, a social worker, and their coordinator that will inform them of things that will happen before during and after the procedure. if all checks out, they will be presented to the "board" to be approved in which surgery can be set up for 2 weeks out at the donors convienence. it is all fairly simple to be honest, as long as the person is "healthy" they shouldnt have a problem passing.

My fiance passed everything so easily and after leaving tampa for the testing was told that she needs to get clearance from an independent phsyc and gyno, both of which she did. when she was in the final step and being presented is when they denied her based on her depression in the past. their reason being they are trying to keep the donors best interests in mind.... however, she is my fiance we are going to be married and chances of her becoming overwhelmed with joy with our good health are more likely than anything else. we will try to see if there is an appeal process tomorrow.
Sponsored