Sponsored

I just ordered an MGW X-spec and LPX Clutch - Should I get a Transmission Mount? Or anything else?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Title pretty much says it all. I've read differing opinions on Transmission mounts so I don't know if it's a smart buy / necessary / prudent / etc.

That said, in addition to the new clutch and shifter, are there anything other trinkets I should buy?

Car is a 2019 PPL2 that runs on E85, but otherwise stock, and likely will stay that way (no power adders). The most strenuous activity will be HPDEs on the ACS Roval. No drag racing / strip stuff.

TIA
Sponsored

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
With the MT82 the two biggest mods to help is what you purchased.

the MGW (one of my fav mods) takes the slop out of the shifter feel and is transmission mounted and not body mounted which helps eliminate issues when rowing gears.

the clutch helps eliminate high ROM gear lockout and when paired with the MGW it’s 🤌🏻.

you will see a complete night and day difference to where i don’t or haven’t seen a need for a trans mount

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
With the MT82 the two biggest mods to help is what you purchased.

the MGW (one of my fav mods) takes the slop out of the shifter feel and is transmission mounted and not body mounted which helps eliminate issues when rowing gears.

the clutch helps eliminate high ROM gear lockout and when paired with the MGW it’s 🤌🏻.

you will see a complete night and day difference to where i don’t or haven’t seen a need for a trans mount
Thanks - Jake took care of me today - now just waiting for the parts. I just missed the last LPX you had in stock so I'm waiting for the next batch you get.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Braided clutch line maybe. It’s cheap and you’re going to have to bleed the line anyway.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Braided clutch line maybe. It’s cheap and you’re going to have to bleed the line anyway.
Got a link to a product you like?

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I've read differing opinions on Transmission mounts so I don't know if it's a smart buy / necessary / prudent / etc.
The tail shaft does move around a lot. If you like a tight responsive feel with a touch of old school muscle car vibration then give the trans mount a try.
Sponsored