Sponsored

I am going to leather, best leather seat kit?

MontynPhilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Hello gents... Got my Stang on Wednesday the night b4 8 inches of snow in Philly. I have to cloth seats & going to upholstery places to have leather kit installed. Does anyone know who carries a good leather seating kit for my 2015. Thanks guys...

Monty
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Welcome to 6G. If you want black leather, you might want to consider the OEM kit from newtakeoff.com. It's the cheapest option at $400 (self install) and it'll fit perfectly since it's OEM. No wrinkles or fitment issues. Katzskins is probably the most well known. A standard kit is usually $700-800, but you they can range from $550-$1800 depending on if theirs a group buy going on and leather content. Fitment is ok, but you'll see alot of wrinkles on the bolsters due to the pattern they use. Personally I went with Alea Leather (lesser known company) since they were local and I had good results. Kit's start at $700 for a standard kit and go up to $2000 depending on leather content and seat insert design. IMO, fitment is a bit better than Katzskins.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MontynPhilly

MontynPhilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Wow that looks amazing. I got prices from 3 places & they said with heated seats price is $1399 with the leather kit. I don't think that I can install this myself or is it easy enough?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
That is a beautiful interior!

I went with black leather factory takeoffs from Roush. I got them on eBay for under $400. If planning on doing it yourself, the thread provided below will help walk you through it. I did mine and it took about 7 hours, working slowly (did the job in my living room while watching the Browns lose). You can see a pic of my seats on post 156.

www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30323

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Those would work. But check out these prices. I don't think they'll work if you had factory cooled or heated seats. (Just saw you have a v6, so that's not possible). They're out of stock, at the moment. Keep your eye on eBay and the for sale section on here. You dont want to do this job in the winter anyways, you have some time to wait for a good deal.

www.yatesperformance.com/to1250.htm...ntent=TO1250&gclid=CNX58MfGjtICFQIOaQodhmAA7Q

Last edited:

camlitlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Camaro
That is who I got mine from. Great folks to work with.

If you are on the fence and doing it yourself, I can tell you it is not hard. Just time consuming.
I took 1 seat at a time in my family room, turned on a movie and got to work. You would be surprised how quickly the time went. If you follow the instructions listed above, you can expect to be done in about 7 hours. The rear seats are really easy, just watch the staples. The fronts are a little more complicated but really not hard. There is one spot where you have to use either hog rings or zip ties. I suggest the zip tie route as it is not a place that gets much wear.