Sponsored

I am alive only by miracle but my car is DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Wow that sucks, but you walked away so that's the important thing. Just goes to show that life is short, so don't you deserve a GT?? :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
mustchik

mustchik

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Living between Albuquerque, Nm & Dallas, Tx
First Name
LIsa Fedora
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB-PP (Salvage Now) & 2008 Wrangler
Too bad about the car. Any pictures of the f250?
I was so upset (almost maniac lol) that I was worried about my car and the guy that caused the accident was all over asking if I was ok and bla bla bla. I told him that even if he tried to deny "at fault" that intersection have cameras ( I know because it is a busy one and near my law firm)...and he told the officer that he was at fault ( I wasnt allowed to be with them in their conversation but close enough to hear all). He got a ticket, and I contacted my AAA to come and get the car. In 20 min after, they tow the car, stick something on the windshield and I went to the hospital for a CT. Didnt occurred to me to take pics of his car, or even mine at that moment. Only took this one when I got home. Sorry:frusty:

Last edited:

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
[MENTION=21675]mustchik[/MENTION] man that sucks to see the stang so hurt but the story is a victory in that you walked away with just a headache! Hopefully you won't feel any after effects but if you do I would consider an attorney like [MENTION=22392]tritus[/MENTION] said.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Wow that is nasty. Glad you're ok and good luck on getting a new car.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I am so sorry this happened bro. I am glad you're A-Okay!

If you loved your EB, stick with that. If not, you won't be upset with the 5.0!

Make sure you start your full exhaust + tune funds ASAP!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
mustchik

mustchik

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Living between Albuquerque, Nm & Dallas, Tx
First Name
LIsa Fedora
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB-PP (Salvage Now) & 2008 Wrangler
Glad your OK!
Like everybody around here, I am very sorry to hear that, but glad you are ok. Stuff can get replaced.

As others have noticed, that is also a testimony to how well designed and build the car is, to absorb and dissipate all that energy so that you did not get hurt.

Celebrate with friends and family the fact you are alive and well, take care of the insurance stuff, and plan for your next ride.

(as for going Ecoboost or 5.0, that is up to you. I just picked my my Ecoboost yesterday and I was doing 100 on the way before I noticed... plenty of power and speed for outside the track. It is not a lesser car, it is a car with a different mission, so if you must have the extra power, by the 5.0, if not, well, Ford gave us options;)
true thing.But the sound of the 5.0 is something else...

Last edited:

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This morning's news coverage was about an accident similar to yours. The front of the car was so mangled/practically sheared off that the car was unrecognizable. The driver of the vehicle was care flighted to the hospital. Like other's have said, it's a true testimony to the build quality of these cars. Glad you're ok, focus on you and your well being....the car issue will work itself out.

Northern Stallion

Pony car/stallion guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6 Mustang Fastback
Glad you're ok. Car can be replaced and trading up to a 5.0 is pretty cool

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Yep, it happened to me too (see sig). My 2015 EB PP was totaled through the carelessness of another motorist.

If you're not a AAA member, become one. You will need the AAA discount to afford a monthly rental (you can get a monthly rental for $399/mo. at Hertz with your AAA discount!). You will need one because once you settle with the other party's insurance, they will cut you out of your rental.

Looks like you get a '17 car should you choose to order a replacement :cheers:
Don't let the insurance company screw you (and they will try to!). I'd be looking for the diminished value guys down in Texas, they can also help you get what your car is worth when it gets totaled. I spent $1,000 for an independent vehicle adjuster to look at mine, and I'm glad I did: I ended up getting $2,500 over what the other party's insurance tried to offer me for my car (!).

I would absolutely stick with the Ecoboost. If you love your car now, you will love a new one. If you order a '17 (which you have to at this point in time!), you have several new color choices, like Grabber Blue, Lightning Blue, and a new triple coat white which is supposed to look fantastic...

Good luck, and sorry it happened to you too :(

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
glad you're ok man! gt time!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I am glad you are okay. Cars can be replaced.
On the other hand, get a GT?

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
That's a crazy impact! I'm glad it was on the front and not on the door, that could have been a lot worse. your Mustang gave it's life for you. Celebrate with another one. :)

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Glad you are ok! Sorry about your EB.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
glad you are ok. everything else can be replaced.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.