Hurst Billet/Plus Shift Handle part 5380435 issues

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Very disappointed in the quality of the new Hurst shifter I purchased for my S650. Holes are off so for them to line up you have to lift the shifter up which results in the trigger not fully engaging with the shift rod which allows the shifter to be moved into any gear without depressing the Hurst handle trigger. Second issue are the holes which one is not countersunk enough and threads in by one thread into the Mustangs shift rod. How can Hurst’s quality control be so bad? I’m calling them Monday asking for a new one to be overnighted to me so I can reassemble my center console and drive my car. Here are some pictures of the Hurst shifter handle holes.

ill flow up and report on my experience with thier customer service.

IMG_7063.jpeg

IMG_7062.jpeg

IMG_7061.jpeg

IMG_7060.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bigred911s

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was reading some reviews on American Muscle and a few folks experienced the same issue with this Hurst shifter.

OP
OP
Bigred911s

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Update. American Muscle customer service is excellent. They promptly sent me prepaid shipping label to return the original shift handle and within 3 days I received a replacement handle which works perfectly!

IMG_6245.jpeg

Sycostang67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2015 Mustang, 2001 Ram, 2012 Wrangle
I left one of those reviews. I had the same issue with one of the holes being sunk too far and pinching the rod. I had a small washer I put in it to fix that. Every screw on the handle was loose as well so I had to tighten those up too. It is a good looking handle though and feels much better than the OEM knob. The button placement on the OEM just doesn’t feel natural.

OP
OP
Bigred911s

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I left one of those reviews. I had the same issue with one of the holes being sunk too far and pinching the rod. I had a small washer I put in it to fix that. Every screw on the handle was loose as well so I had to tighten those up too. It is a good looking handle though and feels much better than the OEM knob. The button placement on the OEM just doesn’t feel natural.
I’m glad AM customer service took it back and sent me a replacement quickly. I guess I was lucky the replacement had no manufacturing issues and works as it should.
Sponsored