Sponsored

HR361 - 2017 GT350R - The Story

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Nice pics! Especially the parking spot 'Reserved for Tomster'.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
As I mentioned in a previous post, I am having the roof stripes removed and the roof wrapped in black. Since I do anticipate that this car will probably be sold down the road, I bought a set of replacement roof stripes while they were still available and the price was right. This way the buyer will have the option of sticking with the gloss black roof wrap or going back to the classic over the top stripe as it left the factory.

Here is how the replacement stripes arrived. I was surprised to see them shipped in this manner, but at least they weren't folded or rolled up.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Below are some photos to show what the car looks like stock (with the over the top stripes on the roof) and what the car will look like after the black roof wrap is complete.

Before:

picture.jpg

After:

picture.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice!

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
List of things to do.....

Caliperfexion studs ;)
Install tow hook
splitter washers and splitter install
Rock guards
MGW shifter
Vorshlag camber plates
4 point Roll cage
Sacrificial seat delete for cutting roll cage holes (still looking for oem replacement seat delete)
Harness and Hans device.

Hmmmm maybe I wont ever sell the car... :D

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Saw a TY -R at the dealer the other day. Wow .... Pictures do not do that car justice.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Saw a TY -R at the dealer the other day. Wow .... Pictures do not do that car justice.
I never knew what triple yellow was until I researched it. The process makes it pop. However it is a difficult paint to color match or repair. For this reason, I elected to have the entire car wrapped in Xpel. Not only will the Xpel protect, but when sealed, will rally make that triple yellow stand out.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
List of things to do.....

Caliperfexion studs ;)
Install tow hook
splitter washers and splitter install
Rock guards
MGW shifter
Vorshlag camber plates
4 point Roll cage
Sacrificial seat delete for cutting roll cage holes (still looking for oem replacement seat delete)
Harness and Hans device.

Hmmmm maybe I wont ever sell the car... :D

great looking ride, Tom...and congrats.
I've got a seat delete that I'm not using...but I'm all the way across the country so it probably doesn't make sense to try to get it to you.
I'm not using mine because my roll bar (custom) has so many bars that it'll be fruitless to try to re-install it. And, I kinda like the idea of looking back behind the front seats and seeing everything stripped out all the way back ;-)

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
great looking ride, Tom...and congrats.
I've got a seat delete that I'm not using...but I'm all the way across the country so it probably doesn't make sense to try to get it to you.
I'm not using mine because my roll bar (custom) has so many bars that it'll be fruitless to try to re-install it. And, I kinda like the idea of looking back behind the front seats and seeing everything stripped out all the way back ;-)
Its been a long time....... I hope you and your son are doing well. With the new purchase and the one right around the corner, I have two track attack slots available. I'm hoping that Mrs Tomster will be interested in participating as a driver this time. We cant have her crowding the skid car again. :D

As for the seat delete, I layover in San Fran all the time. If you are serious, shoot me a price for it and I can have a friend pick it up. I can ship it for free on my own airline.

Anyway, thanks for the offer, either way it was good to hear from you again.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Its been a long time....... I hope you and your son are doing well. With the new purchase and the one right around the corner, I have two track attack slots available. I'm hoping that Mrs Tomster will be interested in participating as a driver this time. We cant have her crowding the skid car again. :D

As for the seat delete, I layover in San Fran all the time. If you are serious, shoot me a price for it and I can have a friend pick it up. I can ship it for free on my own airline.

Anyway, thanks for the offer, either way it was good to hear from you again.

Ha! I'd forgotten about the skid car part...kinda felt like one of those cars at the circus packed full of clowns! ;-)

We're good on this end, and hope the same for you and yours.
My son's great and his little sister has become an absolute demon at auto-x...we co-drive an RS and are having a ball doing it together. We'll be out at the adrenaline academy together in October...it'll be great to be back at (what used to be) MMP.
I'll PM you about the seat delete.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Ha! I'd forgotten about the skid car part...kinda felt like one of those cars at the circus packed full of clowns! ;-)

We're good on this end, and hope the same for you and yours.
My son's great and his little sister has become an absolute demon at auto-x...we co-drive an RS and are having a ball doing it together. We'll be out at the adrenaline academy together in October...it'll be great to be back at (what used to be) MMP.
I'll PM you about the seat delete.
Great to hear. You know, if Mrs Tomster doesn't want to do it, I'll get to go twice. ;)

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the new R, Tommy.
Thanks Mungo Steve!

In your honor.....

[ame]

More updates soon. I'm bogged down in the PPF shop. Its kind of empty going out to the garage and seeing an empty space.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Thanks Mungo Steve!

In your honor.....

More updates soon. I'm bogged down in the PPF shop. Its kind of empty going out to the garage and seeing an empty space.
That song is a classic! :)

I know the feeling about seeing an empty space. My GT350 parking spot is empty as well, 'cept it's never coming back. Litigation is over and in the past 4 days I disposed of all 3 of my Fords. The GT350, Focus RS and F-150. I replaced them with these...

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

I'll always love Mustangs but as Cartman used to say, Ford and its dealers can suck my balls. :ford:

I'm going to change the lyrics a little...

o/~ Have a drink, have a RIDE, go out and see what you can find... o/~
Sponsored

Last edited: