Sponsored

How to track train rail cars?

JDINOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Galant VR4
If anybody else would like to check, my number is ETTX908986. All I got was loaded Flat Rock, MI.
Sponsored

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
If anybody else would like to check, my number is ETTX908986. All I got was loaded Flat Rock, MI.
You can also call 1-800-235-2352 and track it there. It's CSX's automated tracking system. The voice recognition isn't the best with the letters. I had an "ETTX" railcar as well and sometimes it took several times to get what I was saying. Just make sure there's not a lot of background noise and you should be good.

JDINOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Galant VR4
The car is now in Kansas on the way. The trace is showing a scheduled arrival of 3/30 at 4:05am. My EDD is not until 4/4. What have people actually been seeing from scheduled arrival to EDD?

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
The trace for the rail-car my Mustang is on has been telling me "There is no status available" for the past 3 days already, I really hope that means it already got unloaded.

Sponsored

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
Great, well I guess the train with my mustang is just sitting there catching dust.

neozeric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem
My dealer said it could take a week to go from rail yard to dealership...see if they can go and get it for you

DADS05

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.insanelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Sonic Blue Mustang GT
My mustang is in Illinois, but what does CTX recording mean "Arrived IHD" and has been sitting since 1pm on APR 1

CorvetteDreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ford needs to hire Dominos and FedEx ... they can track anything.

DADS05

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.insanelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Sonic Blue Mustang GT
Just called CTX, my car left Cheyenne WY. today around 4:30. Its getting closer.

Sponsored

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
Ford out of Sync with CSX

As soon as my car was released for transit and put on a train I got the CSX car number from my dealer and tracked the car to the local rail yard that will eventually take the car to the dealer. The car left flat rock around October 1st and arrived at the final destination on October 8 which seems pretty reasonable. I tracked the car several times a day through this and while there seemed to be update delays and normal waiting in rail yards, but overall the process seemed pretty good.

Now for the problem. According to my dealer and the folks at Ford Performance (the car is a GT350), there have been no updates since October 5 and the system still thinks the car is in Mechanicville, NY). I even tracked the car after it was 'released by customer' until the empty car got back to Ohio, presumably for another load from somewhere. So unless there is some mixup, the car is about 10 miles from where I live.

COTUS showed my estimated delivery date as 10/12, 0 days left on 10/11, it was always off by 1. In any case, now there is not estimated delivery date at all. Ford Performance says this "is not unusual". COTUS says it can take from 12 to 28 days for a car to get to the dealer where I live from the plant, but it would be nice to be able to know for sure where it is.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
My dealer sent me a 6-digit convoy number today...what will that get me?
Sponsored