HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have the EcoBoost so mines will be different. I can't read a wiring diagram to save my life. Do the other 2 wires have to come into the passenger compartment to get spliced in?
Thanks
[/QUOTE Hello no they don't I chose to run all three to the pcm to make it neater
I have the EcoBoost so mines will be different. I can't read a wiring diagram to save my life. Do the other 2 wires have to come into the passenger compartment to get spliced in?
Thanks
Hello No it doesn’t I made all my wires go from the sender to the pcm.

1B01646B-5132-4E11-A0F1-8D67214ACB7D.jpeg
Sponsored

Pucklord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT California Special
Ok, I finally got a top guy at Bama to work on making a tune for getting the oil pressure gauge to work. He sent me a tune and I installed it. The gauge started working then a few seconds later the oil light came on. Which I read in the blog might happen. So I shut the car off then I restarted and the OP gauge was pegged at 100psi and didn’t move and the oil light was off. So I re-installed the tune and OP gauge was live and again a few seconds later oil light came on. Shut the car off and again the OP gauge was pegged at 100 and oil light was off. Bama says they never done this before because they never had a request for it. So hopefully it can be figured out.
I have your exact same issue oil pressure is stuck at 100psi! All I did is switching from switch to transducer using hptuners! Any idea howto fix it without using Bama tune?

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
EcoBoost

EB owners seem to have it easy. I have to do more research to confirm but it looks as though you might have a plug and play solution. If not I have identified where you can find circuit RE454 but I do not quite understand why EB seems to use LE458 instead of LE423 like the GT and V6.

Oil pressure sensor Pigtail number: WPT-1066
oil pressure sensor.jpg
EB oil pressure sensor overview.jpg
Hi, Anyone do this on the EcoBoost? I really suck at reading wiring diagrams. I have the parts but i am a bit unsure of how to wire them. Actually, extremely unsure how to do this. I appreciate it
Thanks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
Hello everyone, I have a question I would like to ask for help.I have a 2019 EB Mustang and I have added a PP instrument panel,and I made turner using HPT, fior now the oil pressure gauge can display it, but the display is incorrect,When I start the vehicle, it remains displayed at 50PSI and will not follow the RPM changes,It seems to show the oil temperature,If anyone encounters this problem, please help me, thank you

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys
So i did my swap and so far so good. I have the boost gauge working but no oil pressure.
I hope to have that working when I add the new sensore and wire it up ands ask a tuner to help get it programmed.
So now, here's my question. The guage I have is multicolor. when the car is running it is low white and when the ignition is on it is bright white and when i turn on my park lights it is blue. I do have my the digital dash and ambient light option turned on in my sync 3. Is there anyway to have the gauges stay bright white during the daytime and is there any options that i can use to get the gauges to change color when the park lights are on?
thanks
IMG_7845.JPG
IMG_7846.JPG
IMG_7852.JPG
IMG_7854.JPG
IMG_7855.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey guys
So i did my swap and so far so good. I have the boost gauge working but no oil pressure.
I hope to have that working when I add the new sensore and wire it up ands ask a tuner to help get it programmed.
So now, here's my question. The guage I have is multicolor. when the car is runnig it is low white and when the ignition is on it is gright white and when i turn on my park lights it is blue. I do have my the digital dash and ambient light option turned on in my sync 3. Is there anyway to have the gauges stay bright white during hte daytime and is there any options that i can use to get the gauges to change color when the park lights are on?
thanks
IMG_7845.JPG
IMG_7846.JPG
IMG_7852.JPG
IMG_7854.JPG
IMG_7855.JPG
Hello The gauges change colour when you use my colour same as the rest of the dash Gauges only change colour when the lights are on

Last edited:

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hello everyone, I have a question I would like to ask for help.I have a 2019 EB Mustang and I have added a PP instrument panel,and I made turner using HPT, fior now the oil pressure gauge can display it, but the display is incorrect,When I start the vehicle, it remains displayed at 50PSI and will not follow the RPM changes,It seems to show the oil temperature,If anyone encounters this problem, please help me, thank you
Hello mine goes high until it warms up then settles down similar to the oil gauge in the dash

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi, Anyone do this on the EcoBoost? I really suck at reading wiring diagrams. I have the parts but i am a bit unsure of how to wire them. Actually, extremely unsure how to do this. I appreciate it
Thanks
Hello i had the same situation with my 5.0 I found the corresponding colours and numbers on the pcm connector The 2018 manual actually showed which connector had what numbers and colours which made it much easier I also put a new wire into the pcm instead of trying to relocate

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looks like he has an EcoBoost like me. I'll have to reach out to adam tuning and see what was probably done. Based on the cost, may have to live with it disabled. The performance pack eco boosts have these gauges in the video I linked to correct?
hello i don't think it will work (would be great if it did ) ATM it is reading from pin 9 at the pcm When the tuner does his magic it will read from pin 70 meaning if you have not connected to there you will get a oil light and no pressure reading (This is what i understand from previous posts )

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello The gauges change colour when you use my colour same as the rest of the dash Gauges only change colour when the lights are on
My car is a base so I guess the mycolor won't work. I wouldn't mind it staying bright white when the car is running. The gauges goes dim white when it is running.
Thanks

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My car is a base so I guess the mycolor won't work. I wouldn't mind it staying bright white when the car is running. The gauges goes dim white when it is running.
Thanks
If they are acting differently than in a base eco that came with the gauges, there might be a way to fix that.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they are acting differently than in a base eco that came with the gauges, there might be a way to fix that.
I am hoping there is a way to at least keep it bright white when the headlight is off. It looks cooler that way
Thanks

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] I looked at the wiring diagrams and correct me if im wrong but i saw that the EB/GT pp sender does not wire into CAN. Instead it goes to the ones in the pictures below but one of them is missing on the V6 powertrain control module(highlighted). However, i doubt those are needed to function the gauge because they both have a wire that runs "SWITCH- Oil PRESSURE" and all of the information needed for the gauge in the LCD goes off of CAN which goes to the sensor which only uses 1 wire in ours so the gauges which also run off of CAN should work. The one that is missing in the V6 just goes to different a pin in the powertrain control module and both that are present in the GT/EB pp have names that i think have nothing to do sending pressure to the cluster.
2016-02-20 (1).jpg
2016-02-20.jpg
HI Does anyone have any pictures of this wired up and connected on a ecoboost? I want to try to get mines installed sometime this week if i can and I am rubbish when it comes to this.
Thanks guys

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, just an update. the gauges stay bright white while driving. the daylight sensor reacted differently cause I first tested it in the garage. Once I took it for a spin it worked exactly as I was hoping. Just have to wire the pressure sensor and get it tuned to get the oil gauge working
Thanks
Sponsored