Sponsored

how to reset car's throttle (gas pedal) position?

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I am running the pedalmax device on my ecoboost to help with throttle response and it has worked wonders, this morning I noticed that it was hanging down under the dash and had to get underneath there and secure back into place to keep it away from my feet.

In the process I must have hit the brake or gas pedal and now when driving say 60mph and I take my foot off the gas it stays at 60mph for a longer time then normal and starts to descend in speed like it should.

I remember some where that if this happens, to disconnect the negative lead off of the car's battery to clear the current throttle position and have it reset back to normal, does this make sense to anyone?

TC :)
Sponsored

svoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Before disconnecting anything electrical, have you double checked to be sure there isn't anything catching under the dash? I know that if something messes up after I work on it, check what was done first!

OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, got it done, called JMS the makers of pedalmax to comfirm sequence:

leave pedalmax connected, make sure gas pedal is all the way up, disconnect the cars negative battery lead, wait 5 minutes, reconnect battery lead.

Start car and drive normally for a short bit and cars computer will learn the new "correct" gas pedal position, which it did, all is good again, lol.

Terry
Sponsored