Sponsored

How to remove Recaro Seatbelt holder?

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
Hello Guys,

Looking to remove my Recaro seatbelt holder, it doesnt do its job very well plus when Im driving the seatbelt rubs with top part of the seat, I would like to remove it and make a bigger part that will cover more of the seat and wont rub with the seat when driving…

Any pointers?

Thanks!
JC
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I removed mine, but only to reposition it as the seat cover was a little pinched under one of the corners.

If you want to get it off without any damage or pry marks etc, compress the thin forward facing edge of the seat just in front of the plastic, then poke something under the edge of the trim so it hits the back of the outermost plastic piece and then simply push it off from the back.

If your discarding those pieces I might be interested in them, just PM me :like:

I would be interested in what you come up with - I too was concerned about edge wear so I use these :

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

When in position and when driving, the soft back grips the seat and the belt slides through the pad - its working well up to now :like:

WD :like:

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
I removed mine, but only to reposition it as the seat cover was a little pinched under one of the corners.

If you want to get it off without any damage or pry marks etc, compress the thin forward facing edge of the seat just in front of the plastic, then poke something under the edge of the trim so it hits the back of the outermost plastic piece and then simply push it off from the back.

If your discarding those pieces I might be interested in them, just PM me :like:

I would be interested in what you come up with - I too was concerned about edge wear so I use these :

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

When in position and when driving, the soft back grips the seat and the belt slides through the pad - its working well up to now :like:

Are you saying that the seatbelt guide just snaps on? That is, no screws or bolts hold it down?

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@WD Pro Where did you source these?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@DrewT

The cover snaps on and the main body is held on to the frame with torx screws (if I remember correctly) :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@WD Pro Where did you source these?
Here you go :

Ah, might be a UK v USA eBay thing but it seems to work fine from over here. Try this one :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/avanti-interior-design?_bkw=mustang

And if that fails, this should give you an idea what that seller has to offer :

1615881760099.png

1615881792493.png

1615881818569.png

1615881870958.png

I know these aren't the cheapest but they look good quality, you can customise the colours and they have a soft back that you can also customise :

1615881985033.png

Just to be clear - I have no connection with this seller and I haven't tried this product (yet, but I am considering it) :like:

I can now say that this particular seller offers a really nice quality product - I've not personally seen anything better at the local shows etc :like:

Sponsored