Sponsored

How to disable horn beep when shutting door

Rarebirdd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Ecoboost
When my car is running and I get out and shut the door, it always beeps twice. I accidentally do it every morning and I'm sure my neighbors aren't a fan of the horn at 6am. Is there anything I can do about this? :frusty:
Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Read this post

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

Should tell you everything you need to disable that.

Or you could leave the key in the car when it is running, or just remember to turn the car off since you said you accidentally do it every morning, if you do it on accident, then just dont do it :shrug:

OP
OP

Rarebirdd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Ecoboost
Read this post

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

Should tell you everything you need to disable that.

Or you could leave the key in the car when it is running, or just remember to turn the car off since you said you accidentally do it every morning, if you do it on accident, then just dont do it :shrug:
I get out to shut my garage door and then want to get back in to leave. I mean to just leave the car door open but I always forget...

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, that "feature" bugs me too. I've pretty much gotten in the habit of just leaving the door open, works fine when I'm in the driveway but when parked on the street not an option.

I think I read on another post that if you leave the key in the car while closing and then reach in the window and lift the key out might work. Not sure if I understood it right, but plan on trying it next time.

OP
OP

Rarebirdd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Ecoboost
Yeah, that "feature" bugs me too. I've pretty much gotten in the habit of just leaving the door open, works fine when I'm in the driveway but when parked on the street not an option.

I think I read on another post that if you leave the key in the car while closing and then reach in the window and lift the key out might work. Not sure if I understood it right, but plan on trying it next time.
I wish Ford would just let us disable some of these "features" through the dash instead of having to download other programs and "hack" the system.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
You can also hold your key fob up toward the back corner of the door window when getting out and it won't beep as you walk away or shut the door.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
If you shut the door to the first click of the latch it won't honk.
Sponsored