Threads
Reaction score
Website
craigbrimanson.myportfolio.com
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost
I didn't have any hog rings in my seats.
I didn't have them in mine either but I did put them in the new ones. I wonder if the V6 are set up differently or if it is just a random thing with production.
Sponsored

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
does heatgun would help with wrinkles on leathers?? because it was in the box all tight I do see lots of wrinkles on my leather... and Im scared of getting wrinkled look...
after trying my best putting those in tight, do I just leave outside in the sun and it will make those wrinkles go away?? or do i need to leave out side during installation??
and is that means when it gets cold again, would wrinkles come back??
I lives in TX so outside is pretty dam hot already...
any suggenstion about wrinkles?? other than trying my best with my hand during installation?

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
I didn't have any hog rings in my seats. There's a plastic piece that just slides in. It took me a little bit to figure it out.

I've done this install twice. The first time I accidentally bought vert seats. They don't work with the coupe. So then I ordered the coupe ones. Both times took me about 3 hours.
My 2016 didnt have any hog rings in the back seats. FYI.

Also, I would always recommend (as has been done in many threads) to replace hig rings with the mini zip ties. Works just as well, and you dont have to buy the tool and rings for a one off project.

ATLDesigns550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
craigbrimanson.myportfolio.com
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost
does heatgun would help with wrinkles on leathers?? because it was in the box all tight I do see lots of wrinkles on my leather... and Im scared of getting wrinkled look...
after trying my best putting those in tight, do I just leave outside in the sun and it will make those wrinkles go away?? or do i need to leave out side during installation??
and is that means when it gets cold again, would wrinkles come back??
I lives in TX so outside is pretty dam hot already...
any suggenstion about wrinkles?? other than trying my best with my hand during installation?
Leave them in the sun to get warm while installing them. It will help with the wrinkles as well as making it easier to get over the foam. When it's on do not use a heat gun but instead get a clothing steamer. You can do that before and after its on.

Tritonblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone that has done this mod had issues with the seat fitment? I installed these on my wifes 16 GT and everything looks good except the side bolster area on the seat bottoms. On the outer sides, its as if the leather is loose fitting when you are not sitting in the seat. As if the leather is cut longer to allow the foam to "flatten" when your butt is pressing on the side bolster but when you aren't sitting on it, it feels pretty loose. Anyone else get this ??

Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Has anyone that has done this mod had issues with the seat fitment? I installed these on my wifes 16 GT and everything looks good except the side bolster area on the seat bottoms. On the outer sides, its as if the leather is loose fitting when you are not sitting in the seat. As if the leather is cut longer to allow the foam to "flatten" when your butt is pressing on the side bolster but when you aren't sitting on it, it feels pretty loose. Anyone else get this ??
The leather probably isn't seated in those Velcro things. Best thing to do is kind of karate chop in the seams. It will push the leather down and tighten everything up.

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
I think it may be due to the "velcro" attachment Ford uses on these. I just removed my front seats this past weekend to redo the seat backs because of this same issue. It's almost like the "velcro" isn't strong enough to secure the thicker Katzkin material. Hopefully it will hold this time.

Tritonblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think it may be due to the "velcro" attachment Ford uses on these. I just removed my front seats this past weekend to redo the seat backs because of this same issue. It's almost like the "velcro" isn't strong enough to secure the thicker Katzkin material. Hopefully it will hold this time.
So you had the same issue??? Mine were factory take-offs, so I assumed there should be no problem. Did removing and re-installing seem to fix the issue?

Thanks for the replies! :cheers:

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
So you had the same issue??? Mine were factory take-offs, so I assumed there should be no problem. Did removing and re-installing seem to fix the issue?

Thanks for the replies! :cheers:
Sorry, didn't see you were using take offs. They're held the same way so using the karate chop method, as Shouldhavegotthegt said, may work if the velcro loops on the seat covers are lined up with the hooks on the seat foam. If not you'll need to disassemble to get everything lined up.
Mine are secure for now after removal and installation, time will tell.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Convertible??

I don't think it would be any different. The convertible is different but for all the coups it's the same. Both of my seats are power in the base.
I just order Katzkins in a group buy for my GT premium convert to replace the black leather OEMs with a nice Autumn (orange tan).

How different is the install on the convertible? Anyone done it? I know the seat belt holder is different and the rear seat doesn't fold down. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
I just order Katzkins in a group buy for my GT premium convert to replace the black leather OEMs with a nice Autumn (orange tan).

How different is the install on the convertible? Anyone done it? I know the seat belt holder is different and the rear seat doesn't fold down. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yea I figured this thread would start jumping with group buy guys. It should really be booming in about two weeks.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Yea I figured this thread would start jumping with group buy guys. It should really be booming in about two weeks.
Definitely. I think I'm in the minority with a vert, so thot I'd get a head start.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Im in on that group buy as well... within two weeks, people should start getting their leathers...then the first install notes should start showing up.

Good luck to all!

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
After reading this and others Katzkins threads I went to a local installer,dealer. Precision Tint&Seats. They were really helpful in deciding on the design and their actual color swatches helped also. I am looking forward to the install. $1000 complete,including doors and console cover. They have done lots of new Mustangs so they know how to do the job right.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Great price

After reading this and others Katzkins threads I went to a local installer,dealer. Precision Tint&Seats. They were really helpful in deciding on the design and their actual color swatches helped also. I am looking forward to the install. $1000 complete,including doors and console cover. They have done lots of new Mustangs so they know how to do the job right.
I thought that I got a great price at $1,200 installed for mine, but your price is exceptional.:eyebulge::clap2:
Sponsored