Sponsored

HOW TO: Add MyFord Touch/Sync 3 to base model S550

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Found this for anyone looking...

Been gone a long while... Pretty cool to see all the new stuff here.
Can't find this on eBay.
Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
No.. The bezels are the exact same.. Anyone that has a MFT just needs a sync 3 system.. Every thing you have would be the same with sync 3.. It would essentially be as if you have a 16 .. Nothing changed other than the sync module and touchscreen..

I didn't think you were being difficult .. I hope I didn't come across as if I thought you were.. But this is what I was referring to.. I think people understand things the same as what I do.. So it's just a matter of making sure everyone is on the same as age..

Yes.. Anyone with a 4" unit can upgrade to the 8" MFT or sync 3.
OK, so, looking at your list....

1. I need the sync3 unit, which includes touch screen and sync module, for $1800 (if I want to keep NAV, which I do).
2. I don't need a new ACM (but I will still have my present HD radio and SAT capabilities).
3. I don't need a new bezel, since I have the premium 8" MFT bezel now.
4. I don't need a new SAT or GPS antenna or various parts.
MY TOTAL is $1800 plus whatever you charge to program it to work with my car.

And this will give me SYNC3 and I will still have dual climate control, seat vent system, NAV, HD and SAT radio capabilities, and steering wheel button control, as I have now. Is that correct?:confused:

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
OK, so, looking at your list....

1. I need the sync3 unit, which includes touch screen and sync module, for $1800 (if I want to keep NAV, which I do).
2. I don't need a new ACM (but I will still have my present HD radio and SAT capabilities).
3. I don't need a new bezel, since I have the premium 8" MFT bezel now.
4. I don't need a new SAT or GPS antenna or various parts.
MY TOTAL is $1800 plus whatever you charge to program it to work with my car.

And this will give me SYNC3 and I will still have dual climate control, seat vent system, NAV, HD and SAT radio capabilities, and steering wheel button control, as I have now. Is that correct?:confused:
Yes.. all you need is the module.. thats the price I gave you on the post earlier.. like I said.. the sheets are mainly for the guys doing the upgrade because this thread is really about the upgrade from the 4 to 8 inch screen.. not really from MFT to sync 3..

You do not need any extras because you have all the extras.. being you already have a premium..

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I was curious. Why is the SD card reader not needed for the sync3 with nav? I was looking at their consoles and there is only a usb port. Nothing else.

Sponsored

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
I was curious. Why is the SD card reader not needed for the sync3 with nav? I was looking at their consoles and there is only a usb port. Nothing else.
Because the map data is held internally. There is a physical hardware difference between the NAV and NON NAV SYNC3 units.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well i got my hands on a sync3 system from a 2016 stang with bezel and acm. So we shall see how easy the upgrade is gonna be!!!

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Well i got my hands on a sync3 system from a 2016 stang with bezel and acm. So we shall see how easy the upgrade is gonna be!!!
Cool

wiSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP
I was kind of on the edge about upgrading to MFT. If I could do a Sync 3, that'd quite possibly be a for sure upgrade for me. Sync 3 with the TomTop bezel would be my ideal setup.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Lucky! I have been scouring eBay and local junkyards for the better part of 4 months with no luck..... Why can't more people wreck their 2016s..... :rant:

( I do not wish for anyone to wreck their vehicle)

Sponsored

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucky! I have been scouring eBay and local junkyards for the better part of 4 months with no luck..... Why can't more people wreck their 2016s..... :rant:

( I do not wish for anyone to wreck their vehicle)
A kit poped up today, but was just titled 2016 mustang gt. It didnt say anything about the kit in the title.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
A kit poped up today, but was just titled 2016 mustang gt. It didnt say anything about the kit in the title.
I take it this was the one you snatched up? Mind me asking for how much?

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I take it this was the one you snatched up? Mind me asking for how much?
Yep. I payed $600. It was insanely good. Couldnt pass it up!

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Yeah.. That is an amazing deal.. It included the ACM and bezel.. Just amazing.. I don't know how I missed it.. Glad someone on here got it

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
You're SO LUCKY, I've been talking to my dealer about getting one but haven't heard back yet, unfortunately I don't have the engineering part #s and they need to get that to check pricing to put the order in.
Sponsored