Sponsored

how often do you need to check lug nut tightness?

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Just found some of mine to be very easy to remove when changing to my summer wheel set.

Could have been an installation error when I swapped to all season tires on the original wheels or it could be that I was just ignorant about knowing I needed to go back and check lug nut torque after so many miles.
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
If you swap wheels, I think the rule of thumb is recheck the torque on the lugnuts after 100 miles. Factory spec is 150lbs.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If you swap wheels, I think the rule of thumb is recheck the torque on the lugnuts after 100 miles. Factory spec is 150lbs.
Any idea if an aftermarket wheel with conical seat lugs will also require 150ft/lbs? I was unsure of this since the factory lugs have washers on them, and my "tuner" lugs on my aftermarket wheels have the acorn conical lug.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
USPSALIMITED

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Any idea if an aftermarket wheel with conical seat lugs will also require 150ft/lbs? I was unsure of this since the factory lugs have washers on them, and my "tuner" lugs on my aftermarket wheels have the acorn conical lug.
I called the wheel manufacturer, forgestar in my case, and was told to go with 150 as stated in the manual.
There were no washers with my oem wheels.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I need to switch my lugs... when I took it in to the tire shop to take my winter tires / wheels off, they kept on the narrower lugs from the winter tires (which have narrower holes and wouldn't fit the stock lugs) and now I'm worried the wheels will fall off.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I need to switch my lugs... when I took it in to the tire shop to take my winter tires / wheels off, they kept on the narrower lugs from the winter tires (which have narrower holes and wouldn't fit the stock lugs) and now I'm worried the wheels will fall off.
If I remember correctly I did a test fit of my "tuner" lugs (narrow ones) on the factory wheels out of curiosity. It felt like they both had the same conical mating area, therefore if that is the case, the friction between the lug nut and the tapered face that it mates on the wheel will keep the lug nut from falling off. I may take a look at my factory lug nuts and wheels this weekend just to verify though.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
What size socket does one need to get these damn factory PP wheels off? None of the stuff i have will fit them??