Sponsored

How much to deduct for a former factory buyback?

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Complaint and resolution:

This is a manufactures buy back. The previous owner took this in the their local dealer for the AC not blowing cold and a sound. They were unable to resolve the issue. Ford bought it back then fixed it themselves.

Replaced the steering shaft u joint for the noise and Installed new ac line for the AC.

Car is a CFTP 2022 with 2 years warranty left.
Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Is the title branded as a buyback?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You are talking lemon? A lot or I wouldn't touch it. It will forever be known as a lemon and good luck trying to sell it.

OP
OP

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yep, I fear you are correct. Sad as the car was optioned just as I wanted it.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There’s a dealer somewhat local to me that has two 2020 GT500’s that are lemon-branded titles. A non-CFTP with 20,500 miles listed for $70k and a CFTP with 19,355 miles for $80k. The CFTP does NOT have the CF wheels either. Both are Twister Orange in color. Just to give you an idea of what a couple are listed for here in the Chicago area. They’ve been sitting on them for a bit too.

Huntley Ford if you’re interested in looking them up. The CarFax does have the window stickers too

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It would have to be a lot less than that. It's sad that a dealership would try to take advantage of people like that. I'm sure any prospective buyer would be told that the car is fine and not even disclose that any future attempt to sell it would be very difficult.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
It would have to be a lot less than that. It's sad that a dealership would try to take advantage of people like that. I'm sure any prospective buyer would be told that the car is fine and not even disclose that any future attempt to sell it would be very difficult.
It is indeed sad.

Regardless of the actual problem and it’s real life severity the fact remains that the title has a fly on it and always will. As a retired lifelong new car dealer I can assure you that it’s almost impossible to buy such a car cheaply enough. But just you watch: someone will think they can outsmart reality and bite on it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It is indeed sad.

Regardless of the actual problem and it’s real life severity the fact remains that the title has a fly on it and always will. As a retired lifelong new car dealer I can assure you that it’s almost impossible to buy such a car cheaply enough. But just you watch: someone will think they can outsmart reality and bite on it.
So true. And that is why the dealers are sitting on those cars. PT Barnum once said that there is an ass for every seat.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So true. And that is why the dealers are sitting on those cars. PT Barnum once said that there is an ass for every seat.
The base car kept going into limp mode per the Carfax. Dealer has been sitting on it since March.

The CFTP Carfax mentioned cats and TB replacement. They’ve had it since July

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
The base car kept going into limp mode per the Carfax. Dealer has been sitting on it since March.

The CFTP Carfax mentioned cats and TB replacement. They’ve had it since July
Geez, I wonder if maybe it got an aftermarket tune somewhere along the way?

Naaah, probably not…

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Geez, I wonder if maybe it got an aftermarket tune somewhere along the way?

Naaah, probably not…
Yeah not really sure. Both have had 2 owners it appears. I’ve been watching the base car for a while just to see if they’re able to move it, they’ve dropped the price a few times now. Appears they need to drop it some more

Ive heard not so great things about this particular dealer so I’m not surprised their pricing is high and that they’ve been sitting on these cars for a while. They also mention the CF wheels in the dealer comments on the CFTP but in the pictures they’re clearly the base wheels. So if someone does buy it and doesn’t know what they’re looking at, they won’t get the CF wheels even though they might think they are.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
And don't forget, these do not come with any factory warranty.... Null and void. At least that is my understanding.

As is, have a nice day.

High fives among the salesmen and management as you drive off the lot.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And don't forget, these do not come with any factory warranty.... Null and void. At least that is my understanding.

As is, have a nice day.

High fives among the salesmen and management as you drive off the lot.
Oddly enough, one states it’s Ford Blue Certified. I don’t know enough about manufacturer buyback cars to call bullshit on that or not. Maybe if Ford identified and fixed the problem?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT