Sponsored

How much did the dealer charge you to do SSM 49217? Did you do it yourself?

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Hello Everyone,

So I have the memory package and have the issue where I move my mirrors and or/move my seats to a different position and then hit the memory button and the mirrors go crazy and start to travel all the way down and start clicking. The fix for this is ssm 49217. I was wondering how much the dealer charges to do this? Have any of you had it done out of warranty as this TSB came out after my 3/36 warranty expired.

Also, has anyone done this update to the PDM and DDM themselves?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you.
Sponsored

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
How out of warranty are you? Did you have Ford service the car when it was in warranty? If you have a good relationship or even none at all with the Dealer but took your car to them when something broke then call Ford. They will get it repaired. Ford Dealers have the right to repair something even out of warranty up to, I believe 80k miles. That’s what it used to be and totally at their discretion. But I would guess, as long as you aren’t super far out of warranty, fix this for you. It is safety related.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Also, has anyone done this update to the PDM and DDM themselves?
I've got the mirror issue, too, and before I bring it to the dealer and end up getting charged for it I wanted to see if this is possibly DIY (especially since I'm an IT guy).

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I have this same issue with my 2019 GT (among others!). Shit is so aggravating. I didn't have any problems with my 2016, 2018 GT but this one has been nothing but annoying with issues. I fell out of my 3 yr warranty last April with less than 30k miles. I have the same mirror issue as you, driver side heating and cooling no longer works, leather was already cracking, paint issue and rust in the trunk, transmission went out at 10k. I must have gotten the worse batch out of the 2019s.
Sponsored