Sponsored

How Many Interested in a Track day in Georgia?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
How about make it a weekend long Mustangs only (or Ford only) track event! ;)

And come registration time if it's crowded... have one run group dedicated to GT350's only. :D
:cheers:
Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I'm with Bossing. I'd it's to be 10 or less, I'm in too. Now take my money! LOL.

Rusmarti

rusmarti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Ruby Red, Blk Roof, no stripes
Tom, if it's solidly backed by AMP availability, interest and our money, perhaps you could arrange a GT350 only event for up to 10 of us on a Friday. And then have the track rented the following day (Saturday) for Mustang Day at AMP. Selfishly, I'd enjoy a weekday or weekend event with 10 GT350s under the thought that the overall number of drivers on a member only day would be relatively light. I also believe a Mustang Day would be a lot of fun both on and off the track.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Tom, if it's solidly backed by AMP availability, interest and our money, perhaps you could arrange a GT350 only event for up to 10 of us on a Friday. And then have the track rented the following day (Saturday) for Mustang Day at AMP. Selfishly, I'd enjoy a weekday or weekend event with 10 GT350s under the thought that the overall number of drivers on a member only day would be relatively light. I also believe a Mustang Day would be a lot of fun both on and off the track.
I like this idea as well.

I'm ready to pay up to reserve my spot among the GT350s. :headbang:

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
I'm in for a track day. I just need advance notice to get that day off (like 6 weeks in advance depending if its toward the beginning or end of the month)

Sponsored

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I am delighted at the level of interest. Some additional info.

KEY INFO: AMP has a noise level limitation for which there is zero tolerance. There are calibrated noise level sensors around the track. In my experience, most street cars which are muffled will pass. All my cars pass no problem so far.Purpose built track cars generally do not. Hopefully, by the time we do this, I will have trialed my R there and can report back whether it passes. I believe in stock form it should pass.

Option 1 Member Day ($250/d/p)
Member days are run like a DE. 20 or 30 minutes sessions. The day should run 8/9 AM thru 5 PM. Track closes for lunch either 12-1 or 1-2. Arrive early and get teched. We will lay out the detailed schedule later. With enough people (total number of people on track, which would be our group plus any other members that day, probably more than 10 ish), people may be divided up based on driver experience (again, just like a DE). No timing or scoring. You will pay the Club on arrival (not me, I won't take your money). Eligible days are shown on the club calendar (at: http://atlantamotorsportspark.com/calendar/). Look for days marked "diamond".

Option 2 Rent the Track (per person charge will depend on the total number of people). I will inquire about the day rates and get back to see how many people we will need. if we do this, I will need some organizing help, but I hope I can count on some volunteers to help make this happen.

I will watch everyone's feedback and try to answer questions as we go forward. So far, my best guesstimate is somewhere in the April to June time frame. Spring time in Atlanta is why you live here, so the temps should be just right.:clap2:

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am delighted at the level of interest. Some additional info.

KEY INFO: AMP has a noise level limitation for which there is zero tolerance. There are calibrated noise level sensors around the track. In my experience, most street cars which are muffled will pass. All my cars pass no problem so far.Purpose built track cars generally do not. Hopefully, by the time we do this, I will have trialed my R there and can report back whether it passes. I believe in stock form it should pass.

Option 1 Member Day ($250/d/p)
Member days are run like a DE. 20 or 30 minutes sessions. The day should run 8/9 AM thru 5 PM. Track closes for lunch either 12-1 or 1-2. Arrive early and get teched. We will lay out the detailed schedule later. With enough people (total number of people on track, which would be our group plus any other members that day, probably more than 10 ish), people may be divided up based on driver experience (again, just like a DE). No timing or scoring. You will pay the Club on arrival (not me, I won't take your money). Eligible days are shown on the club calendar (at: http://atlantamotorsportspark.com/calendar/). Look for days marked "diamond".

Option 2 Rent the Track (per person charge will depend on the total number of people). I will inquire about the day rates and get back to see how many people we will need. if we do this, I will need some organizing help, but I hope I can count on some volunteers to help make this happen.

I will watch everyone's feedback and try to answer questions as we go forward. So far, my best guesstimate is somewhere in the April to June time frame. Spring time in Atlanta is why you live here, so the temps should be just right.:clap2:
I will do either/both. I like the idea of a small group/GT350 day, followed by a large group/Mustang day. Consider me signed up for whatever you get worked out and if I don't have my GT350 yet I'll find a friend and borrow something track worthy. :D

I visited AMP several times during construction and have enjoyed seeing it be developed and used. I've done several events there with Porsche and others. Road Atlanta still has my heart, but AMP is a great facility and I'm excited to put some more laps on it.

rbfowler79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic
AMP is about an hour away from me so consider me in also. My car should be here soon. I don't want to track my wife's Town and Country. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I also love RA and have a home nearby for that reason. Driven there many times and also love the very fast long straights with challenging elevation changes. AMP has more elevation change than RA, but does not have the very long straights. It is more "technical" and demanding on driver attention. No long straights for a breather.

However, as I approach retirement (yeah, I am an old guy ;) ), I wanted more track time, so I joined AMP as one of their very first members, way before they owned the land. It is a very fun place.

Our options remain open (which day, who comes, a 350 day and a general Mustang day, etc) but will likely be largely a function of the number of people. So lets see how much interest we can scare up. I can't wait. :thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Haha... my Harley and I got kicked off the Nürburgring when I had it in Europe because, as I was told by ze Germans, I set off some noise sensor. Got around it once. Enough for me in a behemoth Dyna Street Bob with ape hangers. Slowest guy out there, by far.

Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
tdzee, I'd be willing to donate my time to help you with any behind the scenes help you may need to pull this off. My wife and I own a business. Tax time we are typically slammed, but I should have plenty of free time once everyone has spent their tax refunds. ;)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
AMP is about an hour away from me so consider me in also. My car should be here soon. I don't want to track my wife's Town and Country. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
I am 26 miles away (35 minutes). Awesome place but have never run there as of yet.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'll be in town this weekend with my black track pack if anyone wants to meet up. I'll be at AMP tomorrow to do some karting

Jeff73Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP
I'm definitely interested in participating and when dates are firmed up I'll do my best to be there. If my lap times are better than any GT350R's I promise not to gloat publicly. :D (Seems damn unlikely anyway)

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
tdzee, I'd be willing to donate my time to help you with any behind the scenes help you may need to pull this off. ;)
Thanks Joe. I'll take you up on that once we get a plan together. :cheers:

Tonio: Hope you have a great day tomorrow. The AMP karting track is awesome. One of the best in the country. Have a good day. It should be cool but clear. :headbang:
Sponsored