Sponsored

How many have ordered and still waiting?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
VINs being built are in the 2000-2300 range, although they don't exactly correlate to chassis number, its pretty close. Mine is 2216 and should be done on Tuesday next week. Scheduled VINs are out to 2500+ for end of Jan. builds.
Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
VINs being built are in the 2000-2300 range, although they don't exactly correlate to chassis number, its pretty close. Mine is 2216 and should be done on Tuesday next week. Scheduled VINs are out to 2500+ for end of Jan. builds.
Thanks. Still a long way to go.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Certainly seems like they're right on track for ~5500 cars.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Looks like a lot of cars are getting loaded the wrong way...against Ford's recommendations to load them tail first.
Yes. They are also only to be loaded in the lower three positions closest to the ramp. The rail cars have similar instructions; who knows if they are following them as well.

I'm going to check mine like a hawk, especially the lower front before they install the spoiler.

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Ordered: 10/23
DORA: 10/25
Status as of: 1/8 - Unscheduled material hold.

Called yesterday.. still on unscheduled material hold :/

If I got scheduled today, wouldn't I still be a month out before building could even start?

What's the normal timeline if anyone has a better clue? For example.. if I got a date today, should I expect it in the middle of February for build date? Then maybe March 1st for delivery?

Sponsored

rbfowler79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic
Ordered: 10/23
DORA: 10/25
Status as of: 1/8 - Unscheduled material hold.

Called yesterday.. still on unscheduled material hold :/

If I got scheduled today, wouldn't I still be a month out before building could even start?

What's the normal timeline if anyone has a better clue? For example.. if I got a date today, should I expect it in the middle of February for build date? Then maybe March 1st for delivery?
Have you had your dealer check with the Ford regional rep? I think the orders are prioritized but the regional rep should have more info I think. I ordered mine on 12/7 and it's in the same status. I'm waiting for my dealer to contact my regional rep to find out when my order will be released. It's a little disheartening to see that you've been waiting since 10/23...

Bobne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Mine, 2336, was completed Monday, but hasn't been released yet. I ordered it 9/22.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's a little disheartening to see that you've been waiting since 10/23...
Tell that to those who ordered in June and are still waiting :)

Unfortunately order date and allocation priority are in no way linked, some were lucky to place their order right before the dealers allocation was pulled and had a relatively short wait, most not so lucky.

Mine was scheduled ordered 6/4, scheduled 11/19, due to be built 1/12. If im lucky it will arrive before the end of Feb.

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
Are VINs even in sequence of build? My car was finished on Jan 4 with a VIN of 1868. Are they building 2-300/week?

SilverTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra Vert
Just spoke with Ford Performance; still on material hold (unscheduled, ordered 6/6/15).
This is same as my situation. I placed my order on June 15th and I don't have a VIN, build date, even an official order acceptance notice. But the owner of the dealership is my friend so I know there is no funny business, they just don't get frequent updates.

Seems strange that one dealership can't even get a rough estimate and just a comment of "material hold" but other guys are getting VINs, build dates, and taking delivery. Anything I can do to find out a more accurate status? :shrug:

Sponsored

rbfowler79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic
Man, if I ordered in June, I'd be more than a little annoyed if it was still in "unscheduled material hold"... Have you asked your dealer to contact the Ford regional rep to find out when your allocation will be pulled? I asked mine yesterday if he could check on it and he said he would. Still waiting for a response. I don't mind the wait but not knowing the "when" is the tough part.

Bobne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Man, if I ordered in June, I'd be more than a little annoyed if it was still in "unscheduled material hold"... Have you asked your dealer to contact the Ford regional rep to find out when your allocation will be pulled? I asked mine yesterday if he could check on it and he said he would. Still waiting for a response. I don't mind the wait but not knowing the "when" is the tough part.
I'd also push it too the regional rep. I know of two June orders here in Omaha that received theirs in December.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Folks have to realize that when you order has nothing to do with when the dealer's allocations will be available for scheduling. It can be frustrating but there's no sense in getting frustrated / annoyed by things you can't change.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Are VINs even in sequence of build? My car was finished on Jan 4 with a VIN of 1868. Are they building 2-300/week?
Not in sequence, but from what people are reporting in the owner registry,their VIN and chassis number are relatively close (with in a few hundred of each other). Seems like the VINs are slightly higher than the chassis numbers currently.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I'd also push it too the regional rep. I know of two June orders here in Omaha that received theirs in December.

again, when you order has absolutely nothing to do with when your dealer's allocations will be submitted for scheduling.
Sponsored