Sponsored

How low is too low

robs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang 17 PP
I have a 17 GT and want to lower it. I already have lower aspect ratio tires (35 instead of 40). I have long tubes so I dont want to go too lower. How much can I lower it with new suspension?
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Stop where you're at. Getting out of it when it's LOW gets OLD.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
That is up to what you can tolerate. My last car was low, then added a pd blower & it was slammed. Looked damn good, but sparks were common at high speeds & finally had enough when I couldn't drive into Dairy queen due to the steep entrance. My current car has minimum drop springs.

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
I have a 2018 GT with the Ford Track Handling Pack which lowers the car about an inch. Although I have to be careful with speed bumps, it’s really not that bad.

However, I installed the PP1 belly pan and lower chin AND the PP2 splitter. That puts the splitter at about 4 1/2 inches off the ground. I have to be very careful with how I pull in and out of my driveway as well as watch for Dairy Queen steep entrances.

I’m still very happy with the look and performance, just things to watch out for.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
For handling/performance? Beyond 3/4” you’re probably doing more harm than good.

For looks, you can go a lot lower (but I wouldn’t)
Sponsored