How I donated Boomba Racing $300, and the awful service I've received

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Me personally if I were Boomba at this point. I would offer to send the OP another shifter and tool for the actual cost of the materials AND pay for shipping of his choice with or without insurance only to be delivered to the carrier facility to be picked up in person with government issued picture ID. And refund the amount of the first tool LESS cost and less the $66 he was already refunded and also have this thread removed from record as a condition. We all agree the materials must be cheap. So would be a fair compromise I think.
No. this should be stickied. just because you're in the wrong doesn't mean throw it under the rug just cause you made it right. this isn't the government. if you're in the wrong you have to OWN IT and deal with the consequences

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Well boys, if nothing else, walk away with the lesson that credit cards aren't just for borrowing money!

EDIT: Someone pass me the damned popcorn!!

OP
OP

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
If I get a chance I'll head to my bank this Saturday and speak to someone there. Unfortunately I work a ton of hours so I'm not generally available during banking hours.

I'm also interested to see how Boomba responds to the BBB. Threaten them with a lawsuit if they leave a black mark?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm also interested to see how Boomba responds to the BBB. Threaten them with a lawsuit if they leave a black mark?
That comment was petty. I think we can all agree you've told your side of the story, no need to get snide with it ;)

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I am pretty confident that the BBB and the bank are both going to side with Boomba since they followed their standards for seller protection by shipping directing to the billing address with direct signature required.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Kris's email was very unprofessional. That is not how you treat a customer or grow your business.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Exactly. The consumer in essence borrows the money with interest (This is why the banks are ultra-rich) in exchange for protection and arbitration is cases such as this one. The customer did NOT received the product he paid for...PERIOD. This = Refund or a chargeback if the customer indeed never received a product. The Bank will either pursue the merchant or the USPS.

It doesn't matter if you paid with a credit card, a check, a debit card, ach, etc. Even if you paid via a third party merchant doesn't matter, they still had to withdraw the money from a bank unless of course you pay with the third party's imaginary credit/money.

Let the bank deal with it. They have their own people investigating paid for by the interest you pay the bank.
100% correct. Bank will give you your money back. I've had to do this. You sign an affidavit and move on.

I am pretty confident that the BBB and the bank are both going to side with Boomba since they followed their standards for seller protection by shipping directing to the billing address with direct signature required.
Wrong again mr Phunk. LOL

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Wrong again mr Phunk. LOL
No, im not wrong. You ship packages, good for you. People who actually sell online all day every day need to be aware of seller protection policies and abide by them to protect themselves from fraudulent consumers. If you think this guy is the first person in the world to say "hey, i never got my package!", you would be very wrong. Due to it happening *all the time*, banks and institutions have put polices in place to essentially draw a line of right and wrong. This makes it clear for them to decide who falls on what side of the line when someone starts blowing up their phones and email.

You might want to go back a few pages and notice how PayPal already neglected to side with the buyer in this instance. This is because the seller had abide by their seller protection policies.

You can start your research here for how PayPal protection polices work: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Good lord, what a nightmare...

I have a brother that is very well known, that is in the middle of a shipping fiasco on a $10k ordeal. His issue has been handled incredibly, and will get the proper end result for all parties...yet, none of you will ever hear about this.

Why?

Because my brother knew better than to send an email with a disclaimer about how he's going to try and be polite, only to threaten legal action...

You guys all focus on Boomba's response, but are you forgetting the approach he took with Boomba in the email...You threaten me with legal recourse, and to bash my name across forums, well you've just took us out of the client/professional relationship...

You get more bees with honey, and OP knew that.

I would have very easily understood the risks associated with asking my package to be delivered without signature. If my package didn't arrive, I'd be kicking my own ass, not the vendor. It's so cut and dry to me.

Sorry guys, but I can't side with OP. Not even remotely...had he had some tact in that drawn out email, I feel he'd have a different reaction.

From Boomba's standpoint, I'd care less about helping him out at this point.

I'm also very shocked at the level of belief you guys have in OP's story. He hadn't even posted any proof to his claims, and you all had been quick to side with him...based on his word.

Guess I've been around long enough to know that there are usually more scammers in the community than in the vendor space.

Again, I've never owned a Boomba product. I've never even considered them for a product. I kinda like that he wasn't afraid to kick you in the teeth with his response. For a ~$165, my time is more valuable than to spend this much energy.

The list of vendors marked that have "exceptional service" is laughable to me! I've had horrible experiences from several of those posted...specifically related to shipping as well. Nobody is perfect. However, I've never felt the need to bash, unless someone is out there robbing and scamming. Simply having issues that come up like this, is all apart of the game.

"You gotta pay to play", is a saying for a reason.

Get deep enough into building these cars, and you'll have monthly if not weekly shipments. Stuff like this happens where parts don't arrive, etc...how we work with the vendors on resolution is the key to getting what we feel we are "owed".

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
No, im not wrong. You ship packages, good for you. People who actually sell online all day every day need to be aware of seller protection policies and abide by them to protect themselves from fraudulent consumers. If you think this guy is the first person in the world to say "hey, i never got my package!", you would be very wrong. Due to it happening *all the time*, banks and institutions have put polices in place to essentially draw a line of right and wrong. This makes it clear for them to decide who falls on what side of the line when someone starts blowing up their phones and email.

You might want to go back a few pages and notice how PayPal already neglected to side with the buyer in this instance. This is because the seller had abide by their seller protection policies.

You can start your research here for how PayPal protection polices work: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection
You are completely clueless in regards to disputing a charge with a bank or CC company. I jave had to do this many times in regards to debt purchases, checks, credit purchases and Paypal. BofA and USAA have both got my money back within 3 days. I had a similar situation a few years ago. I simply called my bank and told them that I ordered a part and never received it. The bank refunded my account amd then it was up to the seller to fight with the shipper.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Project Whitemare: sharing many of my original sentiments I expressed in my early posts to the thread: how sad I am to see all these people burning down a reputable stateside manufacturing company over some unsubstantiated claims, that, even if *were* true, don't really put the vendor in the wrong anyway.

PayPals protection policies cover both parties in a transaction. In this particular transaction, the buyer waived his transaction protection when he waived his direct delivery. Direct signature is to prevent *exactly* what has happened here. That is the one and only thing that could have 100% made sure that this would not happen. Buyer waived it, not the seller. He waived his signature, he waived his protection, and he waived his guarantee of receiving the items.

OP
OP

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
[MENTION=11533]Project Whitemare[/MENTION]:

I never threatened anybody with legal action. I'm not sure where you're getting that. I did ultimately file a complaint with the BBB, but that is not a legal avenue. On the other hand, the President of Boomba Racing threatened to sue me.

What you don't see are the e-mails going back to September 15 where I've tried to work this out with Boomba Racing.

For instance, Sept. 21 in an e-mail from me to Boomba:

"Kamil, thanks for getting this started. I'll hold off filing with PayPal. The local USPS suggested that you send a replacement and claim insurance, but I have no idea how your manufacturing or invoicing process works. "

On Sept. 30, from me to Boomba:

"I've been trying to chase this down. I spoke with USPS Consumer Affairs today at 800.275.8777, speaking with Priscilla. I added documentation to the claim and have confirmation number CA*****18 which will escalate it to a supervisor (I think). If you need you may reference this number in dealing with the USPS.

All that said, what should I do? Should I just ask for a refund, or will Boomba ship out a parcel to my work address. . .? I'd be happy to spend some more money with you if you'll work with me, but right now I'm out a lot of money and have been fighting for a whole lot of nothing."

Et cetera.

I've stated with Boomba from the beginning that this is an exceptional case, and I'd review their service accordingly. One way or the other I'd be public. If they helped out, that's truly very good customer service. If they elected to not help out, well, that's poor customer service. The letter from the President of Boomba Racing pushed well past the point of poor customer service. What am I threatening to do, exactly? I'm threatening to talk to people and tell them how I've been treated. That's exactly what Yelp! and such are for, and how business is often conducted now.

Please tell me -- and I'm not being rhetorical -- what claims you'd like proof of. I have documented everything. I've posted the letter from the USPS admitting fault, for one; does that not help?

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
You are completely clueless in regards to disputing a charge with a bank or CC company. I jave had to do this many times in regards to debt purchases, checks, credit purchases and Paypal. BofA and USAA have both got my money back within 3 days. I had a similar situation a few years ago. I simply called my bank and told them that I ordered a part and never received it. The bank refunded my account amd then it was up to the seller to fight with the shipper.
No I am not. Thanks for taking a guess at it though. In your cases, the seller obviously was not adhering to the required policies to protect himself.

But seriously whats going on with you man, that you are constantly doing charge-backs?? hmm...... let me guess. everyone's just trying to screw you over everywhere you go?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.