Sponsored

How hard is it to convert from auto to manual

jrsexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 v8 5.0 automatic
I have a 2015 GT v8 mustang in automatic version how hard would it be to convert it to manual what are the parts I would need or is there a shop that sells the kit to convert it any help would be great thanks.

My car is located in the Philippines and over here they only sell the unit with a automatic versions n and no manual so no chance I can trade it in for a manual
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

jrsexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My problem I live in the Philippines and the mustangs that are sold here do not come in manual transmission only automatic

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
I'm sure it's possible but it is going to be unbelievably expensive.

OP
OP

jrsexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just looking at what it would cost and if possible as now we can get used transmission and stuff that's not needed to be new to save cost so just seeing what would be needed

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Probably would be cheaper and easier to do a straight TR6060 swap. There are a few companies that sell complete kits including the transmission itself. I should be a straightforward (albeit tedious) swap given that the chassis is setup to accept manuals from the factory (so no custom fabrication needed)

Sponsored

OP
OP

jrsexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Efi would you have info on what company do this kits so I can try asking them thanks

OP
OP

jrsexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildcatgoal. My car and me are located it the Phillip Inés and over here ford does not have manual transmission mustangs only automatic version so no way to trade it in

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Mechanically, it is not that difficult. Electronically, unknown. You would need flywheel, clutch, trans and bellhousing, all linkage, pedals (both brake and clutch), master, slave and lines, and driveshaft. Also wiring harnesses. Then the issue becomes will the computer allow it to run with the automatic transmission absent? The newest swap I've done was an 89. It was fine. I did buy a complete parts car to do it though.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Consider this: you would need to import all of the above items, plus a driveshaft to complete this swap, as well as a mechanic (probably none qualified near you)

You would probably be spending US$ 5000 just on parts plus shipping and tariffs.
Probably $10k all said and done.

Then there is the electronics issue, and it is a BIG issue.

Sponsored

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Probably not all that difficult if your mechanically inclined. I just swapped mine to auto and have all the parts you would need. I spent about 2800 total and did everything myself including the programming. If I had a stock car like yours I would try and find one in a manual, but like you said they don't have them available. I would do away with the mt82 all together if you're wanting to swap and go the t6060 route.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP

The programming and swap is not that difficult. You can do the majority of the programming with forscan and OBD MX connector. I have a feeling you might be able to use you existing auto computer but have not tried it yet. If you do have to use a new computer you will need a dealer to program the computer and reset the PATs. You can also use the mongoose adapter with the for FMS subscription but you need a locksmith ID to redo pats.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I believe you can use an auto PCM with a manual, but cannot use a manual PCM with a auto.

Can you source a MT82 locally? That would help tremendously with shipping.

I have a brake/clutch assembly and the main engine harness from my 2015 manual if you do move forward with the swap. Also have an oem driveshaft, but shipping may be high on that.

In the end, there is a reason why many manual owners switch to auto. The thought of it sounds fun, but it's not really a great shifting experience. Perhaps just spice up your drive by putting a stall in it?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I believe you can use an auto PCM with a manual, but cannot use a manual PCM with a auto.

Can you source a MT82 locally? That would help tremendously with shipping.

I have a brake/clutch assembly and the main engine harness from my 2015 manual if you do move forward with the swap. Also have an oem driveshaft, but shipping may be high on that.

In the end, there is a reason why many manual owners switch to auto. The thought of it sounds fun, but it's not really a great shifting experience. Perhaps just spice up your drive by putting a stall in it?

I agree with that. The auto is great. If you drag race it especially. I do miss my manual from time to time though. It is a beast with that stall though.
Sponsored