Sponsored

How do you clean under the hood? Isn’t there wiring under there that can’t get wet ?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No sense in posting a photo of Sarah's bay, she only has 5k under her belt, has never experienced a rain shower, and like D, I also wipe everything down after a wash, then shine up the black rubber and vinyl with Wolfgang's or similar.
I mean, we won’t say no to any pics you want to post, Kent 😎. Always love seeing the cobra on that supercharger
Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I use Simple Green as needed, let soak for 5 mins, rinse with either garden hose or pressure washer with pressure turned down, at a safe distance of course. Then...fire it up and go for a good drive to dry everything out.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I use Simple Green as needed..
<smiling> Funny about SG, Barron, it has sure been around a long time, and I used it for years on just about anything that needed degreasing or heavy cleaning including dirty rifles and, pistols in an ultrasonic cleaner.

BUT, and here's the reason for my post. On one of these occasions using it full strength, SG etched the metal and ruined the part. I don't recall what it was, but it was steel for sure, and I stopped using SG and switched to a less aggressive APC. Now, Adam's is my goto product.

So be careful with Simple Green and definitely don't use it at a 1:1 ratio anywhere near the car but, 50/50 is pretty safe.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
You mean to tell me I can spray the valve covers and all those wires in video? I don’t have that plastic cover on lol 😂

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You mean to tell me I can spray the valve covers and all those wires in video? I don’t have that plastic cover on lol 😂
You don’t need to soak it and avoid high pressure but yes you can spray them and get them clean. Pump sprayer works well IMO, not too much pressure and doesn’t spray a ton of water at a time either

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
<smiling> Funny about SG, Barron, it has sure been around a long time, and I used it for years on just about anything that needed degreasing or heavy cleaning including dirty rifles and, pistols in an ultrasonic cleaner.

BUT, and here's the reason for my post. On one of these occasions using it full strength, SG etched the metal and ruined the part. I don't recall what it was, but it was steel for sure, and I stopped using SG and switched to a less aggressive APC. Now, Adam's is my goto product.

So be careful with Simple Green and definitely don't use it at a 1:1 ratio anywhere near the car but, 50/50 is pretty safe.
I agree...I usually cut it 50/50 with water.