hot restarting issue

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
hopefully someone can help. searched but couldnt really find much but lately i have been having trouble restarting my car when it has warmed up. i live in reno and its been warm but def not really hot yet. hasnt reached 100. but my issue is after i have been driving the car like to the store get out get back in and try to restart and it just cranks and cranks but never turns over. couple other people have said they had similar issues but no one ever follows up on their posts. i have the mods in my sig. not sure if my headers are creating too much heat around the starter or if there is another issue. first time it happened i was almost out of gas so i put more gas in and it started up but the last two times it has happened with at least half a tank. not sure if that would be battery related but once the car does turn over i have like 13.6v. and it will climb to 14.2 and then back down. car will be 3 years old in august. any help appreciated. otherwise car drives fine. cold starts starts up right away every time. issue has only been fully warmed up. TIA
Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Mines always been slightly slower to restart when hot in Atlanta GA summers...but just barely and always starts..

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I have a similar problem in my car, however my GT has a hard time starting after it's been off for a couple of hours and only when running on E-85, on 91 it fires up immediately every time in any condition. Maybe faulty check valve in the fuel system??? Have you tried priming the system before firing up the car? As in press the start button and wait 5 seconds then step on the clutch and hit the button again? I almost always do this procedure with my car and it helps fire up like it should. Or maybe a tune issue? I might data log the start and send it to Lund and have them look at it to see if it's something they can adjust and fix.

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Its weird that it just started happening and i havent changed anything in at least 6 months

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I have a similar problem in my car, however my GT has a hard time starting after it's been off for a couple of hours and only when running on E-85, on 91 it fires up immediately every time in any condition. Maybe faulty check valve in the fuel system??? Have you tried priming the system before firing up the car? As in press the start button and wait 5 seconds then step on the clutch and hit the button again? I almost always do this procedure with my car and it helps fire up like it should. Or maybe a tune issue? I might data log the start and send it to Lund and have them look at it to see if it's something they can adjust and fix.
Sometimes a rough cold start or an extra couple seconds for a warm start is the product of an E-85 tune and perfectly normal because of how it suppresses detonation, compared to 93. Don't worry about it
Sponsored