Hopefully I'll be back in an EB soon!!

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I can relate to that I suppose! I think the ecoboost platform is amazing, my old ecoboost was tuned by Torrie, and there weren't many cars I couldn't take. I do love the sound of the 5.0 though ... Newer muscles cars are fairly new to me, I grew up always having an older muscle car of some kind. But to be honest I like new technology! Even though the 5.0 sounds amazing, I love the feel of boost kicking in and the sound of the turbo spooling up.

I have an ecoboost F150 and I love the power it makes, the 2015 mustangs look amazing, and I don't have any issues modding a 2.3. This will just be a secondary car to mod and play around with. But I want to make sure I'm not losing my ass on the purchase price.

I bought my last ecoboost new, I got them down to $25000, it was a base model. I traded it in 6 months later and I got $21500 from it. So the fact I can buy this one $1500 below the cost I traded my old one in makes it seem like a fair deal.
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Oh don't mind me.. I just made a bad decision, spent a bunch of money on something I didn't want for all the wrong reasons and am salty that everyone elses car seems to outperform mine (bone stock) on every metric both eb and v6.. Lol.

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Oh don't mind me.. I just made a bad decision, spent a bunch of money on something I didn't want for all the wrong reasons and am salty that everyone elses car seems to outperform mine (bone stock) on every metric both eb and v6.. Lol.
I understand man! I would probably be a little pissed about it too! When you're spending tens of thousands of dollars on a new car, you want what you want!

I have high expectations as well!

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand man! I would probably be a little pissed about it too! When you're spending tens of thousands of dollars on a new car, you want what you want!

I have high expectations as well!
Honestly, I think if I would of gotten a manual PP (paid almost the same for this thing) I would probably hang on to it.. but getting an auto was the worst decision I could of made which is adding insult to injury and I only made that decision for 2 reasons.

1. No manuals available at any dealer that weren't premium cars, so would require a custom order and a 8-12 week wait.

2. Everyone everywhere kept talking about how the EB "feels"/performs better with the auto as it holds boost between shifts.. even with the 3.15 gears + added value of better fuel economy than the manual.

I really wanted a manual, should of gotten a god damn manual and at this point I'm so displeased with the EB that I'd be happy with a manual V6 with an exhaust.. even if it was slower, which I honestly don't think would be the case.

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I get that, my brother has a tuned automatic and he loves is. I have ridden in it and it feels amazing, I had to work out west a couple of weeks ago and I got one as a rental car and it felt slow and sluggish, it searched for gears, and sport mode was horrible.

I have always enjoyed driving a manual, no doubt an auto is going to be faster in a straight line, but for whatever reason a manual just appeals to me

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get that, my brother has a tuned automatic and he loves is. I have ridden in it and it feels amazing, I had to work out west a couple of weeks ago and I got one as a rental car and it felt slow and sluggish, it searched for gears, and sport mode was horrible.

I have always enjoyed driving a manual, no doubt an auto is going to be faster in a straight line, but for whatever reason a manual just appeals to me
Me too.. which is why I wish I would of bought one.. Lol.

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Well I went to the dealership Saturday and test drove the car I originally posted about. The car drove fine, and looked well taken care of. The interior seemed to be a little worn which surprised me a bit. The clutch was softer than I remember it being on my old eco. But I removed the spring, so it may have felt normal.

I decided to take some time to think about it. I can tell they're really wanting to move the car, they came down to $19500 while I was in there. I think If I can get them down a few more hundred I may pull the trigger.

The car showed that it averaged 28 MPG over the last 3000 miles, so it doesn't seem like it has been driven hard lately anyways. I also checked autotrader again, and there have been some other used ecoboosts added recently so I'm going to call on them before I make my final decision.

I really would like to buy a new one, I still may fly out to Koons ford and pick up one from them. It looks like I can drive one off the lot for $23500 OTD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Well I went to the dealership Saturday and test drove the car I originally posted about. The car drove fine, and looked well taken care of. The interior seemed to be a little worn which surprised me a bit. The clutch was softer than I remember it being on my old eco. But I removed the spring, so it may have felt normal.

I decided to take some time to think about it. I can tell they're really wanting to move the car, they came down to $19500 while I was in there. I think If I can get them down a few more hundred I may pull the trigger.

The car showed that it averaged 28 MPG over the last 3000 miles, so it doesn't seem like it has been driven hard lately anyways. I also checked autotrader again, and there have been some other used ecoboosts added recently so I'm going to call on them before I make my final decision.

I really would like to buy a new one, I still may fly out to Koons ford and pick up one from them. It looks like I can drive one off the lot for $23500 OTD
Good luck in your search whatever you decide to do!

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Sounds like it wasn't driven hard, good weather this week so if you go to pick one up the drive will be good.

Sponsored
OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
That's what I was thinking too! Yeah this weather is awesome! It's giving me spring fever!!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever find yourself a deal?

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I'm still looking, I'm supposed to hear if they accepted my offer on one tomorrow! With the weather getting nice, it's driving me nuts not having one!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
I'm still looking, I'm supposed to hear if they accepted my offer on one tomorrow! With the weather getting nice, it's driving me nuts not having one!
Hope it goes through for you. We are trying to organize a meet up here soon in Indy area. We had 3 of us that was going to get together today but we forgot about it being Easter. Hopefully the next date we set you will be back in an S550 and will join us. Subscribe to the "Where my hoosier boys at" thread in local great lakes section if you are interested!

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Sweet man! That sounds like a good time! I'm down!
Sponsored