Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I got a set of 28x10X17 last week. This is my biggest worry being it's my first time every using a slick. I think I am going to find a track that isn't busy so I don't feel rushed or pressure and just practice launching until I get a feel for them.

What do you recommend for stability setting? My best launch on my street tires was with all nannies on. With the slick, should I disable fulling by holding the button for 8 seconds or the Advanced Trak Sport (I have base GT).
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Turn all the nannies off. And keep increasing launch rpm til you either spin. (You'll know if your spinning from your sixty) or an Axle breaks.:D Just kidding but a high RPM launch like 5000-6000 will most likely give best results in a manual.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I got a set of 28x10X17 last week. This is my biggest worry being it's my first time every using a slick. I think I am going to find a track that isn't busy so I don't feel rushed or pressure and just practice launching until I get a feel for them.

What do you recommend for stability setting? My best launch on my street tires was with all nannies on. With the slick, should I disable fulling by holding the button for 8 seconds or the Advanced Trak Sport (I have base GT).

If you have a premium, when you getting close to the front of the line, put the car in track mode, turn off advanced track and get your track aps open and have the line lock setting Ok screen. Get the tires wet, roll forward, hold the brakes lock it in, 4-5sec if it's warm. Tap the clutch or brake should disengage the LL. Now you can either turn advanced track back on, which doesn't do much unless you're excessively spinning. Get to the light, stage, waiting until the other car is staged, then bring your RPMs up to 5-6k and side step the clutch.

I launch at 6k. Just make yourself a mental checklist, it'll get easier and easier.
Sponsored