Sponsored

Hood pins for the GT350 will you or won't you?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
You guys are aware that the gt350 and gt350R have a different grille restrictor? This may help with some hood lift. I've been looking into this. Even the R with the electronic package has the same restrictor so it won't effect the AC or cooling. The restrictor is held on by screws and the bumper cover has to be removed to replace.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I just don't know if the factory latch is going to hold at high speeds continuously - one thing is for sure, this car needs hood struts. I hit 140-150 mph on the interstate for periods of time and I could see the hood fluttering. Of course, I could not tell if it was as bad as the one in the video. My panel gaps are tight up front and the air seems to be catching between the rubber and the hood.
Do you think that hood struts are going to keep your hood from flying open? Hood struts are not going to keep the hood shut.

I agree the hood has some high speed lift to it, but if they found it was unsafe they would of installed dual latches. One on each side of the hood. Like the old jeep Comanche had. But that would of also added weight.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Do you think that hood struts are going to keep your hood from flying open? Hood struts are not going to keep the hood shut.

I agree the hood has some high speed lift to it, but if they found it was unsafe they would of installed dual latches. One on each side of the hood. Like the old jeep Comanche had. But that would of also added weight.
No...two different things I was saying. The hood struts will be added for convenience so I don't have to use the rod which reminds me of my old Fords.

The latches are what I was referring to with the hood lift. The center of the hood toward the windshield was also fluttering somewhat because of the air passing through the front.

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
Those aerocatch pins look good!! Maybe getting them color matched for the factory look would look better
Sponsored