Sponsored

Hood buffeting

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Is that rust on your hood where you drilled for the hood latch? Aren't these fully aluminum hoods?
The bottom half is steel. Do the magnet test. IMO, these hoods are not light weight ... seem heavy as hell to me when lifting it (no hood struts on my GT).
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Who the hell is the lame ass viper driver 123. Roll racing is lame. The counter or horn beeper always gets the jump. And how the hell could the mustang guy even hear the 123 start over that shitty sounding viper.
The passenger in the Viper was giving a countdown with his fingers so the guy in the Mustang knew when the race starts. You can see it in the video towards the end.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I just kept adjusting the rubber bumpers on under the front of the hood until I could barely shut it. That helped with some of the flex. It still has some small movement but I couldn't care less. I just did it because it was an easy thing to change. I hear hood struts will help also.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Adjusting hood stops need to be taken lightly. You can bow the hood pretty badly. Then you'll have a shakey bent up hood :D

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Adjusting hood stops need to be taken lightly. You can bow the hood pretty badly. Then you'll have a shakey bent up hood :D
Exactly! I don't get why people think it's the proper thing to do.
Look at it like this. He already stated he adjusted them until the hood barely latched. That's also putting more stress on the latch. Not to mention if you didn't latch the hood tight or thought it was latched. Put hood pins/latches on or use the foam bulb tape like I mentioned already. The foam bulb tape works good. It stops the hood lift from keeping air from lifting the hood at speeds. The hood struts I so doubt, they lift and hold the hood open. They do not have any pulling force at all. They cannot pull the hood down tight. Try for yourself, try compressing one using just your hands. Good luck.

Sponsored

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
normal is happens usually when its windy outside plus hood vents, when its not windy its usually fine doesn't flutter.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
been 120 on the track, no hood flop. I do have hood struts though. Supposedly those help

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
On a trip down to Mexico I got the car up to 145, no hood shake.

Also for going that fast it definitely didn't feel fast...which is nice!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I just did this to mine. The very next day my hood still fluttered when big trucks passed me going to opposite direction. Plus I have Redline struts.

But, I expect the gasket will keep more dust and bugs out of the engine bay.
20170520_172241.jpg
20170520_111758[1].jpg

Dailydragger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
After installing my hood struts, mine has little to no movement compared to before.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
It doesn't bother me, but the hood liner scratching the crap out of my strut brace does.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
+1 for adjusting hood stop / bumpers and adding hood struts. It helped on our cars.
Okay, you're killing me over here....Whats the green stuff? I used sillypuddy.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
The bottom half is steel. Do the magnet test. IMO, these hoods are not light weight ... seem heavy as hell to me when lifting it (no hood struts on my GT).
Saw this thread was bumped and it reminded me to reply, rather late... My hood is 100% aluminum. I have cut into sections of the under frame for one reason or another, and it is indeed all aluminum. I did the magnet test first to see what sort of post prep I would need to do to prevent corrosion.
Sponsored