Sponsored

Home link mirror

Stevdug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350, 2015 Z06, 1986 SVO, 1990 ZR-1
Vehicle Showcase
Any one out there install one of the gentex home link rear view mirrors? I recently was lucky enough to pick up a track pack gt350 and one of the few options I miss on it is built in homelink. I know I can get a replacement visor but I actually have a mirror on hand and like the buttons on the mirror better. The issue I am having is the stock mirror has a pretty large connector and several wires going into the mirror. Does any one have a diagram or know why so many wires for what seems to be just an auto dim mirror?
Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Any one out there install one of the gentex home link rear view mirrors? I recently was lucky enough to pick up a track pack gt350 and one of the few options I miss on it is built in homelink. I know I can get a replacement visor but I actually have a mirror on hand and like the buttons on the mirror better. The issue I am having is the stock mirror has a pretty large connector and several wires going into the mirror. Does any one have a diagram or know why so many wires for what seems to be just an auto dim mirror?
if you pull that mirror you lose the compass.. and maybe some other things.. if you want to maintain the functions you would have to disassemble the factory mirror down to the circuit board and relocate it somewhere ... but the visor would be best if you can do it..

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I'd just buy a visor with homelink if it were me. I did it for my 2014 Trackpack mustang as well as my (2) Ford Fusions

powerhogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I installed a homelink mirror using info from that thread. Love it. Mirrors can be had for real cheap on ebay

Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I installed a homelink mirror using info from that thread. Love it. Mirrors can be had for real cheap on ebay
Did your Mustang have a connector on it? Some do .. some don't.. but if you do its not recommended...

powerhogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I took the base rear view mirror out and replaced it. I bought a wire harness from ebay that plugged right in

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I took the base rear view mirror out and replaced it. I bought a wire harness from ebay that plugged right in
Ok.. the cars that have the factory auto dim mirror have other circuitry that if unplugged effects other functions.. so on your car that is an option.. the OP has the upgraded factory mirror..

That why I suggested it not be taken out

powerhogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
all the mustangs 2015+ i think comes with a auto dimming mirror. I haven't noticed a loss of any functions. If I did, I don't care because it's probably something I won't use anyhow. But with the homelink mirror I know for sure I'm adding some everyday functionality

OP
OP
Stevdug

Stevdug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think i have anything special in my mirror that's what prompted my original question. Plain looking mirror but lots of wires?

Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
That is the wiring diagram from a 2016 GT350.. do as you please... I DONT recommend it.. but what do I know..

Pin Circuit Gauge Circuit Function Qualifier
1 CBP23 (BN-YE) 22 FUSE - 23 OR CIRCUIT BREAKER
2 ZA113 (GY) 20 HIGH VOLTAGE INSERTION LINE SOURCE
3 * * Not Used
4 GD214 (BK-BU) 22 GROUND - INSTRUMENT PANEL STRUCTURE
5 * * Not Used
6 * * Not Used
7 * * Not Used
8 * * Not Used
9 CLS10 (GN-BN) 20 CTRL MOD. - REVERSE LEFT OR COMMON
10 ZA113 (GY) 20 HIGH VOLTAGE INSERTION LINE SOURCE
11 * * Not Used
12 * * Not Used
13 * * Not Used
14 * * Not Used
15 * * Not Used
16 * * Not Used

OP
OP
Stevdug

Stevdug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick update; you can still find the factory homelink visor for under 120.00 on eBay other sites are now asking 3-400. I purchased one and followed instructions from link above; way too easy going this route vs splicing into existing mirror wire harness

Lazydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Quick update; you can still find the factory homelink visor for under 120.00 on eBay other sites are now asking 3-400. I purchased one and followed instructions from link above; way too easy going this route vs splicing into existing mirror wire harness

Do you have a link to the visor on eBay?

Thanks
Sponsored