Sponsored

High Idle

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
Has anyone noticed a higher idle? When I'm sitting at a light I'll have the car in netural and my foot on the brake. When the light changes I'll put the clutch in and in 1st and its still normal rpms (750) as soon as I let off the brake the rmps rise to 1000 on their own before I touch the gas to take off. Does this regardless of driving mode and occasionally it will just idle at 1000. Just wondering if any Ecoboost's are experiencing the same?
Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Has anyone noticed a higher idle? When I'm sitting at a light I'll have the car in netural and my foot on the brake. When the light changes I'll put the clutch in and in 1st and its still normal rpms (750) as soon as I let off the brake the rmps rise to 1000 on their own before I touch the gas to take off. Does this regardless of driving mode and occasionally it will just idle at 1000. Just wondering if any Ecoboost's are experiencing the same?
I have the exact same thing happening and was curious also.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

I have an EcoBoost Premium also and mine does the same thing when I step on the clutch the RPMS go from 750 to 1000 and I don't have to touch the gas pedal at all to put it in gear. It will crawl in 1st gear with no gas by just pressing the clutch because of the increase in RPMS. It's completely normal. I believe that GT's exhibit the same behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an EcoBoost Premium also and mine does the same thing when I step on the clutch the RPMS go from 750 to 1000 and I don't have to touch the gas pedal at all to put it in gear. It will crawl in 1st gear with no gas by just pressing the clutch because of the increase in RPMS. It's completely normal. I believe that GT's exhibit the same behavior.

Does this mean I can just pop the clutch in, slowly release with no gas (assuming flat or slight decline surface) and the car will creep itself?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Does this mean I can just pop the clutch in, slowly release with no gas (assuming flat or slight decline surface) and the car will creep itself?

Yes, I do it in parking lots all the time.

Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I do it in parking lots all the time.

Wow, that's pretty sweet. Not sure if I would be able to get my paranoid mind to accept this, always have a fear of stalling in traffic/public. How do you get around this lol.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Wow, that's pretty sweet. Not sure if I would be able to get my paranoid mind to accept this, always have a fear of stalling in traffic/public. How do you get around this lol.

I know how you feel, I was skeptical too. Just try it, slowly lift your foot off the clutch and it will creep, if you feel like it's going to stall just press the clutch in and the RPMS will rise again and slowly lift your foot off the clutch, no gas pedal needed.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know how you feel, I was skeptical too. Just try it, slowly lift your foot off the clutch and it will creep, if you feel like it's going to stall just press the clutch in and the RPMS will rise again and slowly lift your foot off the clutch, no gas pedal needed.

Will do Thanks for the info!!

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
the tech term used for this is called pre raise... Nowadays ECU is already set for all sort of cars depending upon the weight and engine power.

Now as soon as u put ur car in gear.. it is for manuals.... ur car ECU brings up to throttle level good enough to make car move without stalling
Sponsored