Sponsored

High altitude performance

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Does anyone have dyno sheets or track times, 0-60 times for the EB at altitudes 5000-7000 feet?

Colorado Springs is at 6300 feet and my home is at 6900 feet. I've tried googling turbo power loss and I've read everything from turbo's aren't affected at all to they suffer the same as NA engines (which obviously isn't true).
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Does anyone have dyno sheets or track times, 0-60 times for the EB at altitudes 5000-7000 feet?

Colorado Springs is at 6300 feet and my home is at 6900 feet. I've tried googling turbo power loss and I've read everything from turbo's aren't affected at all to they suffer the same as NA engines (which obviously isn't true).
I live at 3k feet, sometimes the Barometer is only 27.0 here on a bad day. You do lose power, but the way Jon Lund has my car tuned, he targets manifold pressure and it is really really close to the same boost at sea level as up here. At the track, there is no doubt my car slows down as the Barometer drops, but not like a N/A car. So yes you will be down on power up there, heck I think you only have BP in the 25s correct. But there are ways around making your car perform well at altitude in the tune. The person you really wanna contact is Jon Lund at Lund Racing, hes a super bright guy that can help you, just wanted to chime in as I dont think there are many of us that experience altitude with our cars.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP

How about you go first: http://go-ppr.com/ :p

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
When I get my tune, which is at least six weeks out, I'll see about getting dyno'd. Put down some 91 octane high altitude numbers.

dsabat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
From running blown bikes at sea level and at Bonneville, you won't see much power loss. You may push the turbo into a less efficient point on the flow map, but not too much.