Heel & Toe Mod : RHD cars

mattus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
TVR Tuscan , DIB GT S550, Volvo D6 Polestar
One of the simple mods I'd planned is covered here : raising the throttle peddle to allow easier heel and toe movements.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43590

I'm normally very happy with heel and toe'ing on my race cars and (most) road cars, but found the mustang brake too high (and aggressive) relative to the throttle pedal position.

So, I sourced some spacers from Ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182017334...49&var=482578560845&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Should have been a 10 min job ; but on inspection found that our pedal box layout seems to have a single baseplate for the throttle and the brake pedal...so this simple mod doesn't seem to be possible.
Anyone else tried to do this on a RHD car ....maybe I'm missing something.

Thx for any advice .
have fun
Matt
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38689&page=4

I've got about 15mm of spacers between that Steeda plate and the factory throttle pedal now in order to bring it up somewhere close enough to heel and toe, and even then the throttle pedal requires a good (good=uncomfortable) prod to get the revs back up.

I checked a couple of threads on Steeda's pedals and I found one that says to just remove the pedals from the car, but as you've found, our RHD cars seem to have the throttle and brake as part of one large moulding which would require A LOT of faffing about to remove.

OP
OP

mattus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
TVR Tuscan , DIB GT S550, Volvo D6 Polestar
Ok Thx , so it looks like your mod is the easiest fix ...or I have to live with it , as is , and develop my footwork skills.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Yes, for normal driving I do find the brake and throttle are a little misaligned - and also that the brakes are WAY too sharp. I like to feel that the pressure my foot is applying to the pedal is in proportion to the effort being applied at the disc, but the brakes do seem a little over sensitive for normal driving. Ultimately it is all down to personal preference and feel, so I guess Ford were trying to find a set up to please the majority. When you start to press on, both the pedal alignment and brake 'feel' do come back to you, but you don't want to be giving it full bananas all the time!

I have found that the old 'double de-clutch' helps to smooth out the downshifts when driving at normal speeds.

Sponsored

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38689&page=4

I've got about 15mm of spacers between that Steeda plate and the factory throttle pedal now in order to bring it up somewhere close enough to heel and toe, and even then the throttle pedal requires a good (good=uncomfortable) prod to get the revs back up.

I checked a couple of threads on Steeda's pedals and I found one that says to just remove the pedals from the car, but as you've found, our RHD cars seem to have the throttle and brake as part of one large moulding which would require A LOT of faffing about to remove.
Dragging this one from the archives !

I've been finding the heel toe a little tricky to do because of both the pedal placement and it's depth position.

you say you placed spacers between the throlle pedal and the steeda plate. Do you happen to have a pic ? And was the fitment of the steeda plate easy enough to do ?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's in my thread somewhere but yes, you just need to drill a few holes and away you go.

Not sure if it's something to do with our cars vs LHD but I had to drill extra/different holes to the ones mentioned in the instructions (brake pedal). You can see it in the pics.

I also need to put more spacers in there which will have raised it up by at least an inch from standard, but then I like to be able to comfortably blip when not doing race-type braking! :D

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Nice pic!

Our pedals are in stock and ready to go if anyone wants to also get their car setup. Of course finding the best position will all be down to each individual, there is no golden rule to suit all....

Steeda Mustang Pedal Kits

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's in my thread somewhere but yes, you just need to drill a few holes and away you go.

Not sure if it's something to do with our cars vs LHD but I had to drill extra/different holes to the ones mentioned in the instructions (brake pedal). You can see it in the pics.

I also need to put more spacers in there which will have raised it up by at least an inch from standard, but then I like to be able to comfortably blip when not doing race-type braking! :D

what did you use as spacers?

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice pic!

Our pedals are in stock and ready to go if anyone wants to also get their car setup. Of course finding the best position will all be down to each individual, there is no golden rule to suit all....

Steeda Mustang Pedal Kits
i just ordered the heel toe pedal there now :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yep.

Make sure they're hard obviously as you don't want any movement between pedal and plate.

Can't remember if I needed longer bolts but it's dependant on how many spacers you add. The pedal itself is quite curved so you might find you need a longer bolt at the top/bottom.

As I said, an inch would probably be comfortable for me.

I'll try and remember to take a pic from underneath next time I'm in there.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep.

Make sure they're hard obviously as you don't want any movement between pedal and plate.

Can't remember if I needed longer bolts but it's dependant on how many spacers you add. The pedal itself is quite curved so you might find you need a longer bolt at the top/bottom.

As I said, an inch would probably be comfortable for me.

I'll try and remember to take a pic from underneath next time I'm in there.
yo

how is that factory accelerator fixed? tape or by bolt do you know? there is some sort of bolt on the back i think but looks an odd shape. i assume you removed this before fixing the steeda plate
Sponsored