Sponsored

Have you changed your mind about models/options based on owner reviews?

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I originally was going to get 401A, but there has been a general dislike or "ho-hum" response to the Shaker Pro. I liked the idea of a "premium" radio from the factory so I never need to worry about warranty replacement issues, but I'm not spending 2K on a radio that just isn't that great. 2K will get you some pretty kick ass speakers and a good subwoofer with a good amp.

And yes, I know 401A comes with BLIS and memory seating, but I'll be the only driver of this car, and I have never had nor have I ever desired blind spot monitoring, so those options really don't appeal to me.

Everything else stayed the same though.
We have cars with blind spot and w/o, it's a pretty cool and useful option that actually picked up a car that I couldn't see in the actual blind spot and prevented something unpleasant. Maybe don't rule it out?
Sponsored

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
No change for me, still set on a base Ruby Red GT PP with a 6-spd.

Actually, the Recaro's are questionable. Need to sit in both seats to figure out which one I really want.
I was ordering Recaro's until I sat in the base cloth seats. I liked them just as well and they were better for everyday use. Slightly less support, but overall a much better option for me.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
No changes here.... happy with what I ordered

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
We have cars with blind spot and w/o, it's a pretty cool and useful option that actually picked up a car that I couldn't see in the actual blind spot and prevented something unpleasant. Maybe don't rule it out?
For me, it's not worth 2K. Again, because the Shaker Pro isn't great (supposedly) and I wouldn't use the memory seats more than once a year, 2K for BLIS is not worth it for me. I've been doing fine the past 10 years using mirrors, blind spot mirrors and shoulder checking.

dcspears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic
For the last 6 months that I've researched this car, I considered nothing but the Premium GT. The MFT, leather seats, shaker 500, and pony projection lights were the big draws. I expected to spend $40k for this car and never even considered the base GT model until yesterday.

Yesterday, I went to dealership to check out the Base Gt and found that the cloth seats were comfortable and powered, the center console was better than anything I ever had, and the little screen between the tach and speedometer blew me away (didn't know that this was a feature on the base model).

After the test drive, I was sold.

Ultimately, I decided to buy the base GT for a little under $33k without reservation/regret.

In my experience (coming from an 04 base GT), the 2015 GT was like a 100x upgrade.

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Chanches

1st)
A base GT starts here in Canada at $37,000 + $1,700 DD&fee + tax (5% in Alberta)= $40,635
2nd)
That was not an option because I like leather in my car. So I did order the EcoBooster Premium starting at $33,499 so exactly $9,000 cheaper than the GT Premium $42,499. Got the everything I liked for $37,200 including tax, delivery and all fees. Posted it here in the forum and a couple members pointed out to get the PP what I did not have. Called the dealer and paid $2,800 on top what brings my loaded EB PP to $40,000 with all extras. Only thing nobody could talk me into was the ACC. Driving semi-trucks who have that gimmick installed, I don't like to jump out every time the sensor is snow and ice covered.

Test drives + reviews are nice. But if you listen to reviews and guys are saying that switches and toggles look like fake aluminum ( no there are real aluminum) - I stop watching them. Makes no sense. Why? Everyone likes something different. We got a Jeep GC with Harman Kardon Sound System. Guess what? Some complaining - some like it. My family likes it very much.

Only thing I am missing on the MyTouch is a real switch to "switch off" the screen at night. That's a bummer!:help:

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Not really...

I was keen on the PP Premium from the beginning, and if you look back through the reviews of 11-14's, or other Fords with similar features, you'll find a lot of these 'issues' and their details. To wit:

Premier Trim 'issues' (wrinkles in seat) - It's softer leather. Softer leather flexes to and fro - maintaining and conditioning the seat will tighten the leather and these seats offer a softer feel while requiring more maintenance and a little movement/wrinkling. The normal premium seats are a harder leather poly blend, and will offer increased durability if you're concerned about it. Personally, my ass is in the seat 90 minutes a day minimum and I'll take the softer touch and the upkeep for the nominal fee.

MFT brightness - Have this in my 13 Explorer - there's no real issue, the brightness is PLENTY in daylight, but it doesn't quite auto-adjust to night time very well. When completely dark out, the brightness can be harsh depending on screen - this is easily adjusted by a button next to the steering wheel. This is a seveeeeere nitpick for people to pull apart and frankly just ridiculous.

Cooled Seats - Also have this. Bottom definitely works, back is pretty weak. If you want authentically cooled seats, rather than vented, good luck at the GT prem's 36k MSRP. For the class of car and price, they're a huge step forward from anything offered by the competition or by Mustang in the past, and not even offered at a similar price from lux brands, other than maybe, Buick? It's certainly better than going to base seats... The comfort of the seats is universally praised and far better than the money-saving alternative.

Shaker Pro - If you want a badass stereo, you'll never get it from the factory. Even Logic7 / HK setups from BMW/Audi suck for the money IMO. Never heard the B&O in the upper Audis. Most people are getting the smaller system, or buying the package to get blindspot monitoring. I never thought I'd use this, but in the hulking Explorer it's pretty damn useful and combines with cross-traffic alert for those times you're backing out. In the 2 years I've used it, it saved me from two 'woops shit' maneuvers. Mustang still has iffy visibility out the back quarter window and I'd say it's not a bad option but not one I'll be paying for.

PP is anyone's guess. If you're tracking, I'm not sure if you'll do better aftermarket only or not, depends on how much you'll ride the stock GT brakes. The 2500 is a good price for what you get on an aggressively street suspension. The loss to the 1LE is disappointing but not unexpected, and the 2500 price difference buys a lot of Konis and Pilot Sports. I hated the black wheels but I'm starting to love them on Guard/CO cars, and from what I hear you can have 4 wheels powdercoated and remounted for around 500 bucks. I like the gunmetal look in the Mustang6G logo at the top. I friggin love the PP dash personally.

GT has always been worth it :headbang:.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
For the last 6 months that I've researched this car, I considered nothing but the Premium GT. The MFT, leather seats, shaker 500, and pony projection lights were the big draws. I expected to spend $40k for this car and never even considered the base GT model until yesterday.

Yesterday, I went to dealership to check out the Base Gt and found that the cloth seats were comfortable and powered, the center console was better than anything I ever had, and the little screen between the tach and speedometer blew me away (didn't know that this was a feature on the base model).

After the test drive, I was sold.

Ultimately, I decided to buy the base GT for a little under $33k without reservation/regret.

In my experience (coming from an 04 base GT), the 2015 GT was like a 100x upgrade.

Agree 100%. I test drove a fully loaded GT PP with 50th and while I loved it, the base V6 models they had on the lot felt good enough for me to change my mind. My current 2011 is a Premium with saddle leather and I'm 100% confident I'll be replacing it with a base 2015 GT manual. More money for mods!

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
I was keen on the PP Premium from the beginning, and if you look back through the reviews of 11-14's, or other Fords with similar features, you'll find a lot of these 'issues' and their details. To wit:

Premier Trim 'issues' (wrinkles in seat) - It's softer leather. Softer leather flexes to and fro - maintaining and conditioning the seat will tighten the leather and these seats offer a softer feel while requiring more maintenance and a little movement/wrinkling. The normal premium seats are a harder leather poly blend, and will offer increased durability if you're concerned about it. Personally, my ass is in the seat 90 minutes a day minimum and I'll take the softer touch and the upkeep for the nominal fee.

MFT brightness - Have this in my 13 Explorer - there's no real issue, the brightness is PLENTY in daylight, but it doesn't quite auto-adjust to night time very well. When completely dark out, the brightness can be harsh depending on screen - this is easily adjusted by a button next to the steering wheel. This is a seveeeeere nitpick for people to pull apart and frankly just ridiculous.

Cooled Seats - Also have this. Bottom definitely works, back is pretty weak. If you want authentically cooled seats, rather than vented, good luck at the GT prem's 36k MSRP. For the class of car and price, they're a huge step forward from anything offered by the competition or by Mustang in the past, and not even offered at a similar price from lux brands, other than maybe, Buick? It's certainly better than going to base seats... The comfort of the seats is universally praised and far better than the money-saving alternative.

Shaker Pro - If you want a badass stereo, you'll never get it from the factory. Even Logic7 / HK setups from BMW/Audi suck for the money IMO. Never heard the B&O in the upper Audis. Most people are getting the smaller system, or buying the package to get blindspot monitoring. I never thought I'd use this, but in the hulking Explorer it's pretty damn useful and combines with cross-traffic alert for those times you're backing out. In the 2 years I've used it, it saved me from two 'woops shit' maneuvers. Mustang still has iffy visibility out the back quarter window and I'd say it's not a bad option but not one I'll be paying for.

PP is anyone's guess. If you're tracking, I'm not sure if you'll do better aftermarket only or not, depends on how much you'll ride the stock GT brakes. The 2500 is a good price for what you get on an aggressively street suspension. The loss to the 1LE is disappointing but not unexpected, and the 2500 price difference buys a lot of Konis and Pilot Sports. I hated the black wheels but I'm starting to love them on Guard/CO cars, and from what I hear you can have 4 wheels powdercoated and remounted for around 500 bucks. I like the gunmetal look in the Mustang6G logo at the top. I friggin love the PP dash personally.

GT has always been worth it :headbang:.
The Audi or some of them depending on the model have the B&O ... most others have the Bose as does my Audi TT.... THE B&O is actually a higher quality than the Bose yet both sound really awesome. The bang & Oluffsen come with the higher models such as the A6, 7,8 & R8. I think some are as an option when getting the S line.... I wish we had such a system as an option in the Ford Mustang or even the other models as well as the F series.... there is a hefty premium on those though.. almost 3g

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Agree 100%. I test drove a fully loaded GT PP with 50th and while I loved it, the base V6 models they had on the lot felt good enough for me to change my mind. My current 2011 is a Premium with saddle leather and I'm 100% confident I'll be replacing it with a base 2015 GT manual. More money for mods!
For 2015 Mustang Convertible buyers, its an even easier decision. Base V6 Convertible adding 051A Equipment Package and Spare Tire MSRP of 32,310 including A/T. Jump to Premium EB 2.3 or GT 5.0 V8, add $6,000 to $9,000 (without) adding all Options.

Sponsored

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Base GT w/ PP...Everything else is fluff to me. What I've read so far confirms this...

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I was driving for a couple of hours last night and spent every second thinking "man I wish I had heated seats."

No way I'd go with a base interior.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I was driving for a couple of hours last night and spent every second thinking "man I wish I had heated seats."

The heated driver's seat failed in my car about two years ago. I haven't fixed it yet because it turns out I just don't care enough.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible

Yeah, heated seats would be a big PLUS in South FL, LMAO.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Eh sorta. While it would be nice to have all the Premium options, I wouldn't really use them all that much.

Most of my cars have been base models ...and I love my current V6 (cloth seats, 4 WHOLE speakers, plastic galore).

The only other thing I really would like is the 50th appearance package as I like those wheels slightly better than the PP wheels. But I'd rather just keep the the GT emblem on the back. Plus I'm buying the car for the performance factor as well...gotta pull as many Gs as I can ! /s .

But I ordered what I wanted, and I know I will be happy with it. If Ford let us really "custom" order it , I might've added/changed a few things.
Sponsored