Hate my roush system with an h pipe

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
Is there anyone else who doesn’t like this setup? I put an h pipe on bc I like the deeper sound but for some reason if I’m driving near something that’ll echo the sound it just sounds bad.
I’ve heard it in all the videos I’ve watched but not sure if it’s the mufflers or the h pipe.
Maybe I need to change it? Any suggestions that won’t break the bank?

please note: the sound doesn’t occur when I had an x pipe before; (too raspy) and the stock resonator (too quiet)
Sponsored

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Is there anyone else who doesn’t like this setup? I put an h pipe on bc I like the deeper sound but for some reason if I’m driving near something that’ll echo the sound it just sounds bad.
I’ve heard it in all the videos I’ve watched but not sure if it’s the mufflers or the h pipe.

please note: the sound doesn’t occur when I had an x pipe before; (too raspy) and the stock resonator (too quiet)
I’m not sure what you mean by “Roush system”. Can you explain? Thanks.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have cats? Maybe post a video of the sound

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.

Sponsored

Pucklord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT California Special
I had the same setup .. I hated it! And I also had that echo sound but only on the highway when the cruise control is on. Went back to stock and I think its the perfect setup. little note though, if you're planning to go back to the stock resonator; DO NOT use the Roush clamps that comes with the H pipe instead, use a long clamps.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have a no cats and a H pipe and varex valved mufflers, occasionally when I am next to a wall especially corrugated walls the exhaust has some type of wire cable tensioning sound, hard to describe. Sounds crazy but I like it.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Similar to Pucklord, I left my system stock except for swapping in an "H" pipe for the resonator. Just the right amount of sound without being annoying.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
If you don’t like it, change it. Exhaust systems for Mustangs are like parts for AR’s. Some that I have seen and heard I liked. Others sounded and looked like crap. No doubt your ears hear differently than mine.

it is very hard to find the right one on the Interweb. Go to cars and coffee and see and listen to 100’s of combinations till you find what YOU like. I actually don’t care what anyone else thinks of mine. You shouldn’t either. Just my $0.02.

Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Curious about the borla Switchfire, anybody have that?
I put the Switchfire on my 2020 with the active exhaust. I think it sounds amazing just like, especially in the loud mode. I'd go for it.

My 2018 came with a Roush axleback with some sort of H pipe from what I remember. I wouldn't say that it sounded bad but it did border on obnoxious. There was also a slight drone during highway cruising.

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
I have a no cats and a H pipe and varex valved mufflers, occasionally when I am next to a wall especially corrugated walls the exhaust has some type of wire cable tensioning sound, hard to describe. Sounds crazy but I like it.
Have same setup, but cat delete.... today I'm getting 14" resonators put on. Will post sound clips later!

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I had an H pipe on my old 2020 with Steeda Axle backs, which I think are essentially the same as roush, I had the same sound your describing. It was terrible. Replaced it with an AWE Touring catback and the car got a lot louder, but sounded cleaner overall.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’ve never been a big fan of the Roush exhaust. Just doesn’t sound right to my ear but everyone is different. If you liked the sound with the X, I’d put that back on. Otherwise maybe try a different axle back. You can always sell the Roush if you end up liking a different axle back
Sponsored