Happy Beta Tester of Whipple's Hesitation Fix

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I feel this hesitation slightly but it was way more apparent a few cals ago before i switched to the 72lb injectors. Thanks for the update Whipple!

I drive my car alot (17k miles since the install) and in all types of weather 0-100 degrees sunny, rainy or heavy snow and all types traffic conditions, and besides this slight hesitation my car runs lawlessly!
Agree 100% aside from this bobble hesitation and some times a slight hiccup only under the right load conditions the car really drives amazing. Now with the brass restrictor it's even more diminished except for 6th gear high loads. Very nice to know Whipple is working on this for the ones who are having this issue.
Sponsored

KiLLjOY47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aurthur
Vehicle(s)
It's Silver
Not all have, in fact almost all do not have an issue. As the calibration has a bypass strategy built in and it's been calibrated. The bypass and throttle need to work together, if they don't then you will feel a bobble. The restrictor is a small fix for those that have felt a bobble. We are looking mechanically and electronically why this has popped up.

Note this is ONLY for manual transmissions. Auto's will never experience this.
My only concern was that this draws my interest BUT would I see the benefit or notice any difference as I don't notice the bobble in its current configuration.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
My only concern was that this draws my interest BUT would I see the benefit or notice any difference as I don't notice the bobble in its current configuration.
No, certainly no benefit in that case which is 90% of our customers.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Will sent me the restrictor got it installed today and also fixed my MAF positioning. Will go on a test drive still. will update after. Thanks Whipple

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
I had this issue long long ago when I first installed my kit in Feb 2015. It was not just a hiccup, it was like the car was making 4-5lbs of boost before valve shut and when it finally shut it felt like I hit a nitrous switch. After discussing several times and talking about restricter, Whipple sent me a different bypass valve and it has been seamless ever since.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
Update. Took it for a test run. Low gears are better no lag/hesitation. Only 5th gear 60mph pulls still hesitates for me. Emailed whipple for it but overall better with fix.

Ps: only received the little ROD and no Hose maybe I'm missing a piece?

-Whipple please advice thanks so much

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Update. Took it for a test run. Low gears are better no lag/hesitation. Only 5th gear 60mph pulls still hesitates for me. Emailed whipple for it but overall better with fix.

Ps: only received the little ROD and no Hose maybe I'm missing a piece?

-Whipple please advice thanks so much
That's all I got as well and all that is needed. Did the tips help for rotating the MAF sensor?

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
That's all I got as well and all that is needed. Did the tips help for rotating the MAF sensor?
oh ok good thought needed more parts other than that rod. and yes mr. dave thanks so much got the MAF sensor in the right place :cheers:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Another observation with the issue we are having. I noticed that many times this happens if my windows are down I can hear the exhaust when pulling out into traffic say when it hits 0 vac and the issue happens it's like a real power loss all of a sudden and the exhaust note changes dramatically like as if the cam profile allowed boost bleed off through the the exhaust is what it feels and sounds like. The exhaust note changes as soon as the power loss/hesitation issue comes on, it gets louder and kinda like a loud blapping sound. The sound for me is distinctively louder and different when this hesitation occurs. Anyone else notice this?

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
Mine has been the same. Still notice the hesitation :( did everything Whipple told me to do and still the same result. I'll email Whipple again and see what's next.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Mine has been the same. Still notice the hesitation :( did everything Whipple told me to do and still the same result. I'll email Whipple again and see what's next.
Do you notice a distinctive sound difference when it happens?

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
Do you notice a distinctive sound difference when it happens?
Yes I do. I have kooks o r and Corsa and usually the tone of my exhaust is on the higher pitch now it got deeper.

The Game

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Can this insert be found at an auto parts store? Size?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Can this insert be found at an auto parts store? Size?
I don't think so, but if you contact Whipple and you have this issue they will send you one.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
This might be totally in my own imagination... but i swear my car runs MUCH better once I do a quick WOT run. Even just through one gear. I don't know if it's blowing all the carbon out or what, but I seem to be feeling a difference. My hesitation is back now at about 50% of what it was prior to the restrictor piece install. Like others, I notice it most in the higher gears. But for 5 days in a row now I've done just a quick WOT run, and the rest of my ride is 90% hesitation free. I know 5 days isn't very long, and I also know I am probably just making this up lol But still tho!! Placebo or not, I've noticed a difference after WOT. And even if i'm just making it up, it's ok, cause it's making me happy hahaha
Sponsored