Sponsored

Had to hard power cycle SYNC

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Out of nowhere, the SYNC system on my base GT just wouldn't power on. I had to hard power cycle it. Locate the fuses behind the kick panel on the front passenger side. Pull the cover off. Pull the 10A fuse in position 32. Wait 10-20 secs and replace the fuse. SYNC is back. I also did a master reset to get it back to factory defaults and it seems like its old self now. Weird.
Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is going to sound weird, but if you get out of the car and lock it with the FOB and wait a few minutes and then unlock with FOB, it'll work again. After digging, this is a fairly common issue. Mine stopped working after a hard launch and then I did this and it worked again and for the other 2 times it's happened.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
maybe the apim is busted

OP
OP

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
This is going to sound weird, but if you get out of the car and lock it with the FOB and wait a few minutes and then unlock with FOB, it'll work again. After digging, this is a fairly common issue. Mine stopped working after a hard launch and then I did this and it worked again and for the other 2 times it's happened.
Thanks man. Will try that next time. Definitely easier than laying on the floor to get at the fuse panel.

Only have this car for another few weeks until my new ride arrives. This is the very first glitch since I've owned the car. It knows! :)

Best,
Sponsored