Hack wishlist

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I wish the radio turned off when I hit the stop button after parking. The engine turns off but the radio doesn't until you open the door. I'd prefer it turn off when I turn the car off b/c I like being able to hear anything that might be going on around the car, like a hisssing radiator or a chain saw murderer coming up from behind me.

Is there a setting where you can change it so the radio turns off when you stop the car?
Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Wish it had merc tech... But besides that I can't complain about anything.

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Digital oil pressure readout for us without the PP pack.
$150 for a digital gauge an oil pressure sensor and your problem is solved...

I just wish I could set sport mode to default...
A simple arduino module could be conceived to do this without too much fuss. Someone just has to want to do it...

Digital Speedo
Auto-blip when downshifting
Same two answers as above...

CyanogenMod OS..
Best ROM there is!

I'd like a boost have for the virtual gauge in PP cars.

Also would be super cool if you could get a data log graph of boost, fuel pressure, speed, acceleration, air/fuel and whatever else versus rpm and time. Lol. Could be for a run by run basis.
Again, $150 digital gauge and sensor will get the job done here.

As for the others, use the Torque app with a OBDII Bluetooth module and you can have all the data logging you need. Or, if you want to be more precise, use actual gauges/sensors when applicable...

To keep the DRLs and fog lights on when the turn signal is on.
Simple, just wire in a 3-way switch to control the DRL's and fogs independently...

EDIT: In retrospect, don't do that. Your fog lights and DRL's turn off for a reason...so people can see your turn signal. Not really sure why you'd want to be more accident prone by obscuring your blinker? Not sure why it's even an issue, you can't see it while you are driving so what difference does it make?

I wish I paid more attention to the test drive I took before the impulse buy. Was underwhelmed by the throttle. But what got the heart pumping was the twistys by the dealership. Oh my Lord. Anyway not to hijack the thread but I wonder if maybe it would be a cool slight mod the the previous poster to have the car instead of detecting the final accelerator position detect the rate of change of the throttle position to move it in and out of the more aggressive mode. That would be kind of wicked.
Just press the pedal harder?? :shrug:

I wish the radio turned off when I hit the stop button after parking. The engine turns off but the radio doesn't until you open the door. I'd prefer it turn off when I turn the car off b/c I like being able to hear anything that might be going on around the car, like a hisssing radiator or a chain saw murderer coming up from behind me.

Is there a setting where you can change it so the radio turns off when you stop the car?
#firstworldproblems

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I found a pretty sweet video on some ideas for this. Oil pressure gauge lovers, skip to 6:24 to find the oil pressure fitting.

I realize this is for the previous generation Mustang, but I am curious to see how similar a lot of it is. I'll have to take a look the next time I change my oil.

[ame]

Sponsored

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry