Sponsored

H pipe, X pipe or straight pipe?

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T
Glad you're still enjoying our H-pipe :)

Here's a link in case anyone else is interested: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-gt-resonator-delete-h-pipe-15-16-gt-053-s550-gt-hpipe/
Any way to hook up a 2015 V6 w/ BBK long tubes to your V8 H-pipe, to connect to Roush axle-backs? Could this be done using 2 1/2" -to- 2 1/4" Adapters? I would love to have the V8 H pipe hooked up to my BBK V6 long tube headers...Or, does Steeda have a V6 mid pipe coming out soon for the 2015/16 V6's?
Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Any way to hook up a 2015 V6 w/ BBK long tubes to your V8 H-pipe, to connect to Roush axle-backs? Could this be done using 2 1/2" -to- 2 1/4" Adapters? I would love to have the V8 H pipe hooked up to my BBK V6 long tube headers...Or, does Steeda have a V6 mid pipe coming out soon for the 2015/16 V6's?
Honestly I am not too sure! I imagine at some point we will have a dedicated V6 version. :cheers:

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Im hoping the v6 market for tge s550 picks up a little. I remember when the 3.7 came out, everybody started making stuff. That pesky EB has ruined the aftermarket for the v6...but its slowly catching up

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Here's a clip of my manual v6 ....setup is Highflow cats Xpipe and muffler delete

OP
OP
MustangDominance

MustangDominance

Professional Fast guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Mustang
If you haven't already seen it in another post of mine. Here is my H-Pipe+Muffler delete setup. I imagine if steeda made and put an H-Pipe into production, it would sound like this but better, considering it's tested and made of better quality materials than my shop made one.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Qgfw9dXpTQo[/MEDIA]"]

Things i've learned from switching to an H-Pipe from true duels.
Power gains are there, I can feel it.
It's really raspy at cold start and then once cylinder head temp. Reaches around 210F it loses its rasp and deepens to a really good sounding exhaust.
Neutral revving doesn't sound near as good as actually flooring it, naturally, it just sounds more raspy.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd

Heres how mine sounds with shorties, x pipe res delete and quad tip muffs

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Heres how mine sounds with shorties, x pipe res delete and quad tip muffs
I'm a bit angry as I had ordered my BBK long tubes and Catted BBK H-mid pipe back in mid December. The long tubes came pretty quickly but, the H-pipe was promised to come by January, then re-promised to come by the end of Jan, Same things said for FEB...So, I told BBK to refund me the money for the Midpipe ($449) and to email me when it is finally made.
They said they now don't know when the ETA will be...How hard could it be to make? I know BBK is a big business with a lot of customers but, WTF? Meanwhile, I have a set of Heat Wrapped Long tubes just sat in a box in my garage here in England. I've emailed TONS of garages/shops to see if they could fabricate a 2.25" H-pipe for me but, none will touch 'an American' car. I love BBK products but, this was not right what they've done, telling me they had a product made, took my money, then just kept jerking me around like it would be out any week now...Be careful if you do order a mid-pipe from them for a 15+Mustang V-6, as it's not even made yet. Brenspeed and other websites are also marketing this item for sale but, I've called them and they have informed me that since BBK hasn't created the part, they can't ship it (obviously). Just an FYI to all who see H-pipes for sale on the internet made by BBK. Caution***

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Wont touch it because its american..what kind of bs is that. It would be easy to fabricate one. Id buy one for a s197 and have it modded to fit. It will bolt right up to the headers but should only require small changes to fit your catback

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Im getting lethal catless midpipes for mine..but shorty headers

JosephManu

Rookie Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Package
I'm a bit angry as I had ordered my BBK long tubes and Catted BBK H-mid pipe back in mid December. The long tubes came pretty quickly but, the H-pipe was promised to come by January, then re-promised to come by the end of Jan, Same things said for FEB...So, I told BBK to refund me the money for the Midpipe ($449) and to email me when it is finally made.
They said they now don't know when the ETA will be...How hard could it be to make? I know BBK is a big business with a lot of customers but, WTF? Meanwhile, I have a set of Heat Wrapped Long tubes just sat in a box in my garage here in England. I've emailed TONS of garages/shops to see if they could fabricate a 2.25" H-pipe for me but, none will touch 'an American' car. I love BBK products but, this was not right what they've done, telling me they had a product made, took my money, then just kept jerking me around like it would be out any week now...Be careful if you do order a mid-pipe from them for a 15+Mustang V-6, as it's not even made yet. Brenspeed and other websites are also marketing this item for sale but, I've called them and they have informed me that since BBK hasn't created the part, they can't ship it (obviously). Just an FYI to all who see H-pipes for sale on the internet made by BBK. Caution***
Wow good to know bro. Im in the same position with my long tube headers wrapped. I guess I'll check out another brand that aleady has it the H pipe. Cant wait to see how it sounds!!!!:D:D

Sponsored

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered again from BBK, they are FINALLY ready to ship!! CATTED HPIPE. Can't wait!!!

JosephManu

Rookie Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Package
Wont touch it because its american..what kind of bs is that. It would be easy to fabricate one. Id buy one for a s197 and have it modded to fit. It will bolt right up to the headers but should only require small changes to fit your catback
Europe is like that men. In Spain was the same thing, even worst. They dont touch it bc they are afraid to change something they dont know, or it just bc they are to lazy to not do it.here mecanics are impacient to touch and take ur money.:eyebulge:

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
hello I'm new here got my v6 magnetic and loving it. it is my first mustang. I'm installing x pipes today. and I'll get my exhaust later.

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
I tried getting my exhaust installed by this performance shop and they hung up the phone on me after I asked if I could speak to the manager about working on my mustang because they told me they only work on European cars. Some people don't deserve a business ownership.
Sponsored