Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah, we’ve got a discussion going here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-mustang-gtd-lite.201246/

At $100k, I can’t imagine they’re keeping the transaxle and the suspension. There’s a lot of cost they have to shave off the big boy GTD to get there. Probably keep some of the aero and maybe some of the CF bits as well as the supercharged 5.2L. Just my thoughts
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
At $100k, I can’t imagine they’re keeping the transaxle and the suspension.
I wish they would drop the super charger and keep the transaxel and rear suspension. Manual would be doable in the intended price range, or so I think.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I wish they would drop the super charger and keep the transaxel and rear suspension. Manual would be doable in the intended price range, or so I think.
It would be interesting that’s for sure. I think someone mentioned previously about an NA 5.4L. Pair that with a manual transaxle, could be something there. Especially if the next high HP variant they unveil for MY2025 is supercharged and has a DCT. An NA variant of the GTD could fit the bill…

I’m just skeptical, and Ford Authority has swung and missed on a few things in the past

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for posting.

With Carroll Shelby passing away some 12 years ago yesterday, I am somewhat surprised that the relationship between Dearborn and Las Vegas has survived this long and suggested that Ford may go their own way many years ago without the Shelby moniker.

I believe that SA requires their relationship to survive with Ford much more than the Blue Oval Brand requires therefore will not be surprised to see the Shelby GT500/GT350 nameplate gone sometime down the road based on the launch of the 7th Generation S650 Mustang platform with Ford coming up with a new nameplate for the S650 chassis.

Regarding a possibility of a 2025/2026 Mustang GTD lite model, that is terrific news for a great deal of Mustang enthusiasts!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just skeptical, and Ford Authority has swung and missed on a few things in the past
Pretty sure their record is worse than the Red Sox.

The gtd lite really should be aimed at the z06. And prices to match. Good enough suspension is only around 10g so hardly worth padding the bill.

Though I'd prefer they not choose the multimatic spool valves unless they just want the bitching and moaning to reach gods ears.

What is so dn hard about getting magneride RIGHT? GM got this righter too.

If I lookup Ford in the dictionary it shouldn't be listed as synonym of half-assery

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Pretty sure their record is worse than the Red Sox.

The gtd lite really should be aimed at the z06. And prices to match. Good enough suspension is only around 10g so hardly worth padding the bill.

Though I'd prefer they not choose the multimatic spool valves unless they just want the bitching and moaning to reach gods ears.

What is so dn hard about getting magneride RIGHT? GM got this righter too.

If I lookup Ford in the dictionary it shouldn't be listed as synonym of half-assery
It'll never compete price to price with the z06, the engine is in the wrong place for that.
Sponsored