GT500 style front bumper on MY2018

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
How have you managed with the extra airflow through the vents below the headlights.? Do you suffer with the fender liners taking the brunt of the airflow causing deflection into the tires…?
Any hood fluttering too…?
Sponsored

notwild_2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
How have you managed with the extra airflow through the vents below the headlights.? Do you suffer with the fender liners taking the brunt of the airflow causing deflection into the tires…?
Any hood fluttering too…?
Installed the bumper as-is. No modification to any of the grilles. I think airflow concerns are fueled by paranoia. So many guys run this setup and don’t have issues.

My fender liners are in perfect shape. No evidence of contact with tires.

As far as the hood goes, it fluttered before and it continues to flutter. Might be somewhat worse after the bumper install. Haven’t taken my car over 110 mph so who knows.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I’m regularly over 145 on the straights at a few tracks, so I guess I’ll find out.
I’ve bought the Vicerez Gt500 bumper, Gt350 fenders and a fully vented CF hood from Anderson.
A complete body front end change due to some rather bent original parts following a brush with a Tirewall at VIR.

thanks for your answers.
Dave

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I’ve bought the Vicerez Gt500 bumper
You poor chap. Good thing you live in the United States. I hope your package arrives undamaged. I had to spend $1,000 to fix their bs. Granted that was a thousand Canadian so it's probably like $12 us LOL

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
You poor chap. Good thing you live in the United States. I hope your package arrives undamaged. I had to spend $1,000 to fix their bs. Granted that was a thousand Canadian so it's probably like $12 us LOL
It”s at the paint shop now,, a couple of scuffs on the main lower crossmember but that was it..

Reactions: MCS

Sponsored

notwild_2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I’m regularly over 145 on the straights at a few tracks, so I guess I’ll find out.
I’ve bought the Vicerez Gt500 bumper, Gt350 fenders and a fully vented CF hood from Anderson.
A complete body front end change due to some rather bent original parts following a brush with a Tirewall at VIR.

thanks for your answers.
Dave
My car has spent most of its life as a show vehicle. Even daily driving, you could make the bumper work. But I don’t believe it was engineered with track use in mind. So I avoid higher speeds. This isn’t the same thing as the actual GT500 front end, which is structured better, with grille openings that actually serve a purpose.

Looks good? Yeah. Have I dealt with any serious problems? No. And most people won’t, but it’s still mass-produced aftermarket garbage at the end of the day.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0504.jpeg
IMG_0489.jpeg

Here is my 777 Performance front on my 2019. Took top in class at the AAA Inaugural Route 66 car show last weekend.

Blu_stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1, 2018 F150 FX4
Vehicle Showcase
My two cents. Primarily for those with lower ride height.

I have the Ikon Motorsports bumper, which is the exact same thing you get from 777 Performance. Been on my car for a year now. Still looks phenomenal, albeit some minor sagging from the chin spoiler and side winglets. I’m lowered on Steeda progressives… scraping is inevitable, but I take near-excessive precaution when driving. Whether it’s an alternate route into a restaurant parking lot, or a longer distance around the neighborhood to avoid speed bumps. I figure preventative measures will help durability and lengthen the lifespan of this $1,200 piece(s) of plastic. With that being said, I have bashed it a couple times, inflicting minor damage to the underside of the chin. No cracks or bends. Only scuffs and scrapes that aren’t visible unless you’re looking beneath the car. As for the side winglets, they seem to have angled slightly downward over time, almost acting as a “scoop”. However, this problem isn’t visibly obvious and it hasn’t affected clearance.

00F45BD4-BE8E-4CE7-8C5B-338833E0CDA3.jpeg
Car looks great man and that's one hell of a roller shot.

Last edited:

Rooz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Sorry to revive an old thread. Anyone tried this with the “safe and smart” packa here?
Does the adaptive cruise/ lane keep assist work as they did before the install?
Sponsored