GT500 PDI - what is the dealer responsible for?

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
Gt 500 CheckList Delivery

Outstanding Question: Since we had some shoe sizing confusion content that was very informative, PLEASE IN ORDERING SPARE KEYS PRIOR TO DELIVERY CAN EVERYTHING BE DONE AT DEALERSHIP INCLUDING EMERGENCY KEY CUT to FIT WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL KEY FOBS AND CERTAIN CODES ATTACHED KEY FOB?

By helping each other those believing obtaining spare keys at delivery at a dealer that may be hundreds of miles away from one’s home can get the information from someone who wants to share.

Thanks

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
GT 500 Delivery CheckList

Insure Radio and WI FI properly set up for vehicle and you get the free trial periods. It is suggested that you inform your dealer ahead of time by phone and by email of the need for all of this to be set up. There is an open question whether all FORD vehicles will need to be on same app. It is suggested to provide a credit card with a longer expiration date should you desire WIFI services and other after trial period. I’m looking forward to WI FI and Remote functioning as while of course you could start a manual remote on the BULLITT, WI FI was left out was listed as being part of the 2019 BULLITT. No satisfactory explanation has been provided why the 2019 BULLITT lacks this.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Stephen: I believe you can get the electronic portion of the key with just the VIN but if you want the emergency key cut too, I think you have to have the key code that is attached to the FOB.

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
GT 500 DELIVERY CHECKLIST

First Gasoline Fill UP

Tell Dealership you would like to be the one who at dealers cost is the first to fill the gas tank with appropriate 93 octane. This might cut down on joy riding before delivery and insure you have your preferred brand and depending on where you live 93 octane (SHELL has never let me down!).

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)

Order Ahead of Time any Accessories.

If you didn’t order a car cover as part of ordering process order that at least several weeks before delivery. Ford does have a nice set of honeycomb type good quality weather mats that sure can come in handy keeping dirt, water and snow off your carpets. There are a number of items to consider as hazard bag, medical kit, cargo carrying items and a spare tire (if made yet haven’t checked but I was able to get an excellent spare that could handle the brake size. Some might not want weight but for me, traveling across country having a spare. Is key to less hassle. Week 1 I picked out a 3/4 inch screw that fortunately didn’t ruin my day.

Thus, Order Your Desired Accessories Prior to Delivery and If you get Ford Points In the sale, it is around 225.00 that can be applied to accessory purchase. I used it for my mats and a couple of other things.

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)

Key Code Necessary for Emergency Key Cut for getting keys squared away for and provided at delivery so no follow up hassle.

The response is appreciated saying that apparently key codes on the original set required. Does dealership cut the emergency keys? It might just be then to insure that they do this ASAP after vehicle comes off truck. The whole idea is to get everything squared away at delivery especially if you are many miles from home or where dealer has agreed to provide same.

So if anyone knows someone at a dealership please try to see if codes required to get key cut. Perhaps dealership can determine that in the paperwork or by telephone call.

Another point about general pre/delivery accessory purchases: It is a good opportunity to ask if dealer can sell you them at cost. If not you might be able to get a discount and be able to buy a tank of gas on the savings down the road. Gas in my area now is less that 2.00 gallon!