Sponsored

GT500 or Mach 1 Tailpipes?

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Happy to say yes I did. The directions were a little unclear WRT the diffuser mounting brackets. I contacted Ford Performance and they advised me to send detailed questions that they could then forward to the supplier - evidently Borla -which I did- but I never received a reply. I figured it out in the end but it was really disappointing that I couldn't get help from them.

For those that but this kit, after cutting the extension pieces off your stock absorber, you need to remove the factory active valve exhaust writing harness Christmas tree holders from the mounting locations, and then attract the new holders for the new under body diffusers to that hole using the new U clamps and bolts. The issue is the directions are very unclear regarding which side the new extensions need to be attached.

Looking at the car from the back end, the pieces are attached behind the holes, not to be the front side. Attach them from them behind the hole pointing to the back of the car.

Other than that you will also need to adjust the pipes before tightening the clamps to get the pipes to align evenly in the diffuser.

If anyone has any questions, PM me and I'll walk you though it by phone.
Have you installed this kit yet?

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Happy to say yes I did. The directions were a little unclear WRT the diffuser mounting brackets. I contacted Ford Performance and they advised me to send detailed questions that they could then forward to the supplier - evidently Borla -which I did- but I never received a reply. I figured it out in the end but it was really disappointing that I couldn't get help from them.

For those that but this kit, after cutting the extension pieces off your stock absorber, you need to remove the factory active valve exhaust writing harness Christmas tree holders from the mounting locations, and then attract the new holders for the new under body diffusers to that hole using the new U clamps and bolts. The issue is the directions are very unclear regarding which side the new extensions need to be attached.

Looking at the car from the back end, the pieces are attached behind the holes, not to be the front side. Attach them from them behind the hole pointing to the back of the car.

Other than that you will also need to adjust the pipes before tightening the clamps to get the pipes to align evenly in the diffuser.

If anyone has any questions, PM me and I'll walk you though it by phone.
Thanks for the tips. For that amount of loot for that kit, it should be plug and play.. sad stuff, especially about Borla.
Anthony
Sponsored