Sponsored

GT350R vs Stingray Grand Sport

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
We can only imagine what kind of beast a gt350R is if it had 645hp, weighed 3300lbs, and the widest rear tire setup you can get at 355.
For the GT350/R... on the stock 19x11.5 rear wheels, is the widest w/o over-stretching the tire sidewalls would be 325's? or 335's?
Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Z07 package is aero package and actually slows the car down cause of the downforce created.
I get that but the engine has nothing to do with the cornering improving, unless the weight of the engine is decrease which in this case I don't think is the case.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I get that but the engine has nothing to do with the cornering improving, unless the weight of the engine is decrease which in this case I don't think is the case.
May be the engine does create downforce, because it sucks. :lol:

Sorry, just kidding, but couldn't resist. I owned a previous version of that engine, and it is a solid performer. :thumbsup:

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Im digging the idea of owning a C7GS, but here's the problem I have with Chevrolet... Crazy statements like this:

"An engine offering an estimated 1.05g in cornering capability and up to 1.2g with the available Z07 package"

An engine doesn't get your cornering G's... Smh.

http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...ges/news/us/en/2016/mar/0301-corvette-gs.html
Sounds like theyre saying it's capable of not blowing up (up to 1.05G) and needs the Z07 package to live at 1.2Gs. I wonder what they change to the z07s oiling package, or I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt and it was a typo.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If it aint a type R then it aint a tight car

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
that's my color combo and I might be at Thunderhill with it on Friday. don't worry, I'm not Matt. ;-)

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Farah is in for sticker shock next.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Latest update on the C7 Grand Sport edition:

From www.corvettefurman.com

1. The starting price of the GS will be midway between the starting price of a Z51 Stingray and a Z06 (no actual numbers presented).

2. The GS will NOT replace the Z51 - both will be available.

3. The GS uses all the Z06 suspension, cooling, aero and other parts. Basically, it's a Z06 without a supercharger.

4. Watkins Glen Gray will be available across the board on all Corvettes from the very beginning. Its just that the Collector Edition will only be available in the gray, and is the only way to get Tension Blue for the interior.

5. Production for GS is anticipated to begin right up front with Stingray production, no delays until later in the model year (except the Collector Edition).

6. There will be several GS cars at the Corvette Bash in Bowling Green, KY April 27th-29th for people to touch, get in, look under the hood, etc. The Geneva and Sebring cars are pre-production show cars, and while may be on display, are not accessible to the public.

7. The GS was not originally planned during the development of the C7, just as Tadge and others mentioned in the past. But with the amount of requests from Corvette owners, and the relative ease to put one together, they decided to go for it.

~This answers a few questions for you all, but also leaves many still to be answered. Guess we'll have to wait for the Corvette Bash for those! I will be attending the Corvette Bash at the Corvette Museum April 27th-29th and will report everything upon my return.

Follow CorvetteFurman on FaceBook. My Corvette dedicated web site is www.corvettefurman.com

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
7. The GS was not originally planned during the development of the C7, just as Tadge and others mentioned in the past. But with the amount of requests from Corvette owners, and the relative ease to put one together, they decided to go for it.
Translation-We werent anticipating a mustang competing in this space :lol:
Sponsored