Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve had the JLT catch can for years and would still recommend it. Looks good and easily unscrews to empty. Only minor minor thing was when I got it and opened it there was a fine metal shaving from the machining. If I hadnā€™t looked inside when it was new and dumped the oil back into the car I would have dumped that little metal shaving into the oil.
I donā€™t remember the thread on dumping the catch can oil back in but my memory says that there was a consensus that it was not a good idea? Anyone know?

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I donā€™t remember the thread on dumping the catch can oil back in but my memory says that there was a consensus that it was not a good idea? Anyone know?
My wording wasnā€™t clear sorry. I donā€™t dump the oil back into the engine, but I know some people do and thatā€™s where the risk would have been.

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Viper GT, 2019 GT350R
Well to start I got both the rock guards and tow hook form zl1 add ons, great figment and quality. I just went with the Ford performance separators, they are a bit pricey but I like to stick with the same company. If not JLT is not a bad option at all. And tbh the ceramic coating is the easiest part of the whole process. The hardest part is getting the paint to perfection and PPF. I had almost 5 days worth of work to get the paint to perfection. Not one scratch or swirl visible on any part of the car. It takes a lot of time and patients for that. Once itā€™s perfect tho the ceramic coating is as easy as putting a wax on a car and taking it off and then letting it sit for 2-3 weeks.
The car will be down for 2-3 weeks??????

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™ve had the JLT catch can for years and would still recommend it. Looks good and easily unscrews to empty. Only minor minor thing was when I got it and opened it there was a fine metal shaving from the machining. If I hadnā€™t looked inside when it was new and dumped the oil back into the car I would have dumped that little metal shaving into the oil.
That doesn't sound like it'd be much fun at all

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I'd probably dispose of it and buy a liter of oil. Once I see how much went through (if it was a lot) then I'd just add the same amount

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I don't know anyone that recircs the catch can. Oil back into the motor. It's such a small amount, it's not worth the discussion. Just throw it in with the used container and add more fresh oil if necessary.

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I don't know anyone that recircs the catch can. Oil back into the motor. It's such a small amount, it's not worth the discussion. Just throw it in with the used container and add more fresh oil if necessary.
That's probably what I'll end up doing, but just for clarification, I need to make sure the car has been sitting for a couple hours opposed to 30 min right?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That's probably what I'll end up doing, but just for clarification, I need to make sure the car has been sitting for a couple hours opposed to 30 min right?
I'm not understanding? You can drain the catch can any time you want. I only let it sit so the reservoir isn't so hot to the touch.

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm not understanding? You can drain the catch can any time you want. I only let it sit so the reservoir isn't so hot to the touch.
That's what I meant, is it ok to wait 30 min for it cool off or should I wait like 3 hours to make sure its at outside temp?

Sponsored

CoRRupted_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Whippled Shelby GT350
The car will be down for 2-3 weeks??????
Well itā€™s recommended to let the car sit for 2-3 weeks. Just to make sure it doesnā€™t get wet or ruined while the ceramic coating is curing. You could just wait 1 week but why risk all your hard work rather then wait a few more days and then never have to worry about it every again.

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey Ryan, congratulations man!
First off, have you had a chance to go over the car? Is it completely stock?
Are you going to track the car? Is it a daily?
The wheels and tires for winter months would be absolute first on my list.
For my ā€˜19 GT350 the only thing Iā€™ve done is a Ford passenger catch can, Ford performance air filter, spare tire kit and tint on all glass including windshield.
This is such a wonderful car to drive, thatā€™s all Iā€™ve ā€œneededā€.
This is exactly what I have done to my 2019 Shelby GT350. The car is pretty much perfect the way it comes.

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Well itā€™s recommended to let the car sit for 2-3 weeks. Just to make sure it doesnā€™t get wet or ruined while the ceramic coating is curing. You could just wait 1 week but why risk all your hard work rather then wait a few more days and then never have to worry about it every again.
I let my last one sit for 3 days šŸ˜…
Sponsored