Sponsored

GT350R at Road & Track Performance Car of the Year (Updated: Winner!)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
lulz@chevy claiming it was the CA 91 octane gas

:dead:

Pretty disappointing Chevy Trend didnt have the 350R in the mix

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
You two need to get a room!
C'mon... this site needs some debates & drama while we wait for our dang GT350's to either ship out or be produced! :thumbsup:
Awwww... The Z06 flopped...
What is the issue here???
You tell us.... tablet, caplet.... err pill. :D
You know... I did recall a month ago you praising the Z06's performance. ;)

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
lulz@chevy claiming it was the CA 91 octane gas

:dead:

Pretty disappointing Chevy Trend didnt have the 350R in the mix
maybe FORD didnt want to give them one because they always bash the mustang,and lie and say things that arent true.:ford:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Man, even I praise the Z06's performance. I stated before that if you're going for the hot lap it's a helluva ticket and the car to beat. Looks like this one couldn't even muster a "hot" lap.

A car with this many documented issues and yet a handicap prevention team in hand that couldn't even save the might beast.

My new nickname for the Z06... Humpty Dumpty... Even Chevrolet couldn't even put that one back together.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I hear you... let's hope our GT350's won't have issues, minor or major.

IIRC, the (991) 911 Turbo a year ago had issues in one of the car rag's major comparison events....

So did the mighty Viper 2 year's ago.... the SRT forum got bombarded with hater posts.

In any case, these mishaps don't deter me much.... the Z06 annihilated the competition in C&D's Lightning Lap a few weeks ago and that can attest to its ability.

Bottom line to me is I enjoy mine on & off the track... just like how I'm looking forward to enjoying the new Shelby if it ever gets shipped out! :shrug:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
C'mon... this site needs some debates & drama while we wait for our dang GT350's to either ship out or be produced! :thumbsup:

You tell us.... tablet, caplet.... err pill. :D
You know... I did recall a month ago you praising the Z06's performance. ;)
Yes, the Z06 and C7 in general are amazing. Not sure why there is a constant issue with the LT series engines.

I surely wouldn't want an LT4 Camaro...

No way, no how...

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yes, the Z06 and C7 in general are amazing. Not sure why there is a constant issue with the LT series engines.

I surely wouldn't want an LT4 Camaro...

No way, no how...
I agree with that... to me the S550 is better to buy than the new 6th gen Camaro. And the new GT350 is a no brainer. Btw no biasedness here, I had a 5th gen SS before my C7.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I agree with that... to me the S550 is better to buy than the new 6th gen Camaro. And the new GT350 is a no brainer. Btw no biasedness here, I had a 5th gen SS before my C7.

I honestly wonder if Ford will even "answer back" to the 6th gen Camaro considering the price differences. The Camaro is essentially priced right between the GT and base GT350, which is exactly where it should perform. I don't actually see that Ford NEEDS to update the GT as they're priced so far apart. Either way, I think the Coyote is a better engine to modify, which is how I roll.

I don't mean to get off topic, back to the conversation. Haaaa! Z06s suuuuuck…

(I actually like Z06s for the record.)

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Man, even I praise the Z06's performance. I stated before that if you're going for the hot lap it's a helluva ticket and the car to beat. Looks like this one couldn't even muster a "hot" lap.

A car with this many documented issues and yet a handicap prevention team in hand that couldn't even save the might beast.

My new nickname for the Z06... Humpty Dumpty... Even Chevrolet couldn't even put that one back together.
No the nickname is "limpy" like in limp mode.

Sponsored

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
So MT picked the AGM GTS as the winner? Weird.

I would have thought they'd go with a more "old-school" car...N/A, manual, not as much luxury, etc. Although, I don't know what criteria they use to judge the winner here.

In either case, I'm a fan of the car, no question...it just doesn't seem like it would be the winner. Seems as though they picked the more "GT-like" car.

Where did the other cars stack up?

Nac79

NAC15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Ford Mustang GT with PP
Geez! 7 pages and most of it hating on the ZO6. GT500 had problems! Boss 302 had shifting problems! Hell, my new 15 has a weird thump from the transmission that I worry about! Doesn't change a damn thing, I would still own all the above.

So what that some of the C7Z's have heat soak issues, I still would pick it as my track weapon out of this group. The C7Z hate is ridiculous! If I remember correctly, didn't some of 13/14 GT500 have brake fade issues. Does that mean I should not buy a GT500 to track? Come on man! Let confess you hate Chevy's!

How do the Ford faithful know the Shelby GT350 will not have its own set of problems with a new 5.2 motor?

Some one mention back around page 3, that the Boss 302 out handle some sport cars. Well, as much as like I the Boss, I stand by my word. A pony car do not match up well with pure track cars around a track. As good as the Boss 302 LS is, it's no better than a C6 Grand Sport around a track. In the company of a C6 ZO6 or C6 ZR1, it will get its ass handled to it. Im not just dogging the Boss, a Z/28 is on par with a C7 but it will still lose. Compare it to a C7 Zo6, and lights out. That's why people buy sport cars, because they are the ultimate track car. Nothing faster around a track, other than maybe a sports bike. Ford has done this before, and the magazine threw in a mustang. Anybody remember the 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R! A track ready mustang who lost all the comparison test to true sport cars including the Viper and the C5 ZO6. No a/c or amenities at that, sound familiar!

Like I said, everything being equal and no failures, I think the ZO6 will win the comparison. I just hope Ford doesn't mess up the Shelby GT350 R with issues, as they taking forever to produce them. That in itself would push me to the C7Z!

But back to reality, I'm still enjoying my lowly C5 ZO6 and GTPP! Priorities! Good luck to who ever gets their Shelby GT350! Watch your rear view mirror! C5, C6, C7 ZO6's be damn! C6 ZR1's owner who track their car are trembling!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
So MT picked the AGM GTS as the winner? Weird.

I would have thought they'd go with a more "old-school" car...N/A, manual, not as much luxury, etc. Although, I don't know what criteria they use to judge the winner here.

In either case, I'm a fan of the car, no question...it just doesn't seem like it would be the winner. Seems as though they picked the more "GT-like" car.

Where did the other cars stack up?
Well, their winner was suppose to be the Z06 but it broke down. Had to pick something...

Mo would have said Porsche but that's just me...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Geez! 7 pages and most of it hating on the ZO6. GT500 had problems! Boss 302 had shifting problems! Hell, my new 15 has a weird thump from the transmission that I worry about! Doesn't change a damn thing, I would still own all the above.

So what that some of the C7Z's have heat soak issues, I still would pick it as my track weapon out of this group. The C7Z hate is ridiculous! If I remember correctly, didn't some of 13/14 GT500 have brake fade issues. Does that mean I should not buy a GT500 to track? Come on man! Let confess you hate Chevy's!

How do the Ford faithful know the Shelby GT350 will not have its own set of problems with a new 5.2 motor?

Some one mention back around page 3, that the Boss 302 out handle some sport cars. Well, as much as like I the Boss, I stand by my word. A pony car do not match up well with pure track cars around a track. As good as the Boss 302 LS is, it's no better than a C6 Grand Sport around a track. In the company of a C6 ZO6 or C6 ZR1, it will get its ass handled to it. Im not just dogging the Boss, a Z/28 is on par with a C7 but it will still lose. Compare it to a C7 Zo6, and lights out. That's why people buy sport cars, because they are the ultimate track car. Nothing faster around a track, other than maybe a sports bike. Ford has done this before, and the magazine threw in a mustang. Anybody remember the 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R! A track ready mustang who lost all the comparison test to true sport cars including the Viper and the C5 ZO6. No a/c or amenities at that, sound familiar!

Like I said, everything being equal and no failures, I think the ZO6 will win the comparison. I just hope Ford doesn't mess up the Shelby GT350 R with issues, as they taking forever to produce them. That in itself would push me to the C7Z!

But back to reality, I'm still enjoying my lowly C5 ZO6 and GTPP! Priorities! Good luck to who ever gets their Shelby GT350! Watch your rear view mirror! C5, C6, C7 ZO6's be damn! C6 ZR1's owner who track their car are trembling!
The Z06 just sh!t the bed and it's not the first time it's happened and not the only Corvette.

I'm done talking about the Corvette. I really wish the GT350R made it. At least it will have some unbiased free reign next year.
Sponsored